How about a role call

I really miss AF. it was a great company to work for...
I agree with you, thats most likely the only thing we agree on, but I was proud as all get out to work for AF, proud of my little no a/c truck, proud of my uniform.

BTW, that dog looks like a sissy, I got a cat that looks meaner than that pooch.

I agree with you, thats most likely the only thing we agree on, but I was proud as all get out to work for AF, proud of my little no a/c truck, proud of my uniform.

BTW, that dog looks like a sissy, I got a cat that looks meaner than that pooch.
That dogs has a better pedigree than you. And gets $1800 A POP for stud fee. and $1500 a pup. Whats your cat got??????

Started with AF 1993, then some years later, that corporation took over and now Im just tryin to hang on for retirement!!!

I took a chance on a new company in town back in Jan '95 that most had never heard of. Although I had seen the AF trucks while driving over the road, they were new to the CLT/NC area. Filled out an application that morning and the then CCM Morris Pressley asked me if I could start that afternoon! We ran the whole operation (outbound/inbound/hub/mainline/city) out of 34 doors! We worked 12 hrs a day and had fun doing it (business principal #6)!!
My how times have changed...I sure miss the good ole days!

Started in 97 and loved it back then. Corporate America as a whole not just FedEx has made working less enjoyable and now just a chore. It is hard to find workers that take pride in who they work for unlike AF days.

Started driving for AF when we opened in Florida in '95. Had a great time. New equipment, new friends and worked our butts off with more freight than what we knew what to do with. But I don't look back and have no regrets with FedEx. We are just as 'family oriented' at my Center today as it was in the beginning. I think it's what you make of it. Freight was a new ball game to FedEx. There has been a learning curve. I think we are now on the right track. Close to retirement but will take away fond memories of both.

Started driving for AF when we opened in Florida in '95. Had a great time. New equipment, new friends and worked our butts off with more freight than what we knew what to do with. But I don't look back and have no regrets with FedEx. We are just as 'family oriented' at my Center today as it was in the beginning. I think it's what you make of it. Freight was a new ball game to FedEx. There has been a learning curve. I think we are now on the right track. Close to retirement but will take away fond memories of both.
I don't think the company gives a rats butt bout us....at all. AF did..IMO. Just do my job avoid the kiss asses, get paid and go home and leave FXF at the gate when I do. Still like doin my job. ABSOLUTELY hate the politics of favoritism, and kissass cowards. You all know the type...blah blah blah at the fuel pump, then :woohoo1:I love you guys at the meetings.

Was , and STILL am proud to say I was an AF driver. FedEx really screwed the place up which is why they have the problems they have today . But looking back I'd do ANYTHING to work for Sheridan again . AF forever !!!!!

I remember that fella out of KCY that would go around the Midwest with his BBQ trailer pit for cookouts at terminals. Remember when YNG was a cake box terminal up a dirt road. When FRE and CGT didn't even exist. They ran a hub operation out of Fort Wayne(that joint was so little..40 something doors). Hub down in Lincoln, Illinois was notorious for pallet jacks...lol. Everybody ran Channel 4. Doing a 580 mile lay down overnight driving a old smurf international on rear leaf springs all night...lol. Everybody had kickers/linear boxes underneath their radios on the dash..lol. Remember when we were 100% coverage health insurance...those days bring tears to my eyes mane.

2z2HOCn.jpg

Sheridan Garrison died a few years ago. He loved to fish & fell out of his boat while on a small lake near Harrison & drowned. He had Parkinson's which may have attributed to the fall & drowning.