XPO | how about metro terminals running milton

wigglewagonman

TB Lurker
Credits
why cant xby,xiy,xfy run milton xiy is the longer run and its only 222 miles.they say we cant make it ,why is the earth flat and as soon as we hit p.a we fall into somekind of bottomless pit,or is it a thick headed management type who says as long as hes in charge we will never see long runs.

Not sure why.I work out of one of the northern metro locations.We have a similar problem.We have had runs get cut then told they would come back shortley and still see nothing a year later.Some of the people we see on meet and turns would love to run shorter and there are other terminals that are willing to take on the extra meets that would work but it always seems to be a no go.The other freight companies near us seem to run many more locations out of there barn.This I think is a small part of the reason we lose so many people.If you are hired and get told that someday you could run these runs then after time see there is no chance to get a change you get fed up and move on.Sorry just rambeling on.Have you ever questioned the regional on this matter?

why cant xby,xiy,xfy run milton xiy is the longer run and its only 222 miles.they say we cant make it ,why is the earth flat and as soon as we hit p.a we fall into somekind of bottomless pit,or is it a thick headed management type who says as long as hes in charge we will never see long runs.
The most probable reason is that there is not enough freight going to and coming back to justify a father run.

a couple times of year,big deal.and as far as freight goes xnw brings back a couple of pures a day on day linehaul so i know we get freight just that we arent going to get it.and as far as the reginal mgr. that is the biggest hurdle.he the one who is so against it.its no wonder half the linehaul guys at my barn are looking for new jobs

a couple times of year,big deal.and as far as freight goes xnw brings back a couple of pures a day on day linehaul so i know we get freight just that we arent going to get it.and as far as the reginal mgr. that is the biggest hurdle.he the one who is so against it.its no wonder half the linehaul guys at my barn are looking for new jobs
The pures that come into XNW every day go back to Milton with a full set. You Metro guys would be going to Milton with empties? I don’t understand why everybody has such a hard time following a linehaul run???

I dont think xnw gets a lot of pure metro loads.I know they do break a lot of mixed loads on the dock and build a lot of pures for the metro region(from day lh).They do get alot of pure loads for the new england terminals.I dont know if this helps with the thought process or not.

Return time

Can't say for sure but I would think the time a metro driver would get to the G.W. bridge after leaving Milton at 3:30 or 4:00 in the morning would also present a problem. Metro loads can leave XNJ or XCV at 5:00 or 5:30 and still beat the traffic. I also know Lou D. is not on your side when it comes to surviving. I don't see how you all do it. Short runs and no overtime while paying Metro prices. XAN seemed to work, got metro drivers back early and put some money in your pocket. Press on

Longer L/H runs need to have a minimal amount of empty miles. This company will run those extra long runs when its justified. When competitors in your area are providing next-day service further than what we go....might be one reason a particular terminal would run to a further point. No sence in running further to pick up two day freight when you can get that same freight brought 50 or 100 miles closer to your barn,,,,,,,,and get your drivers back early inturn getting that freight on the street a couple hours earlier.