1. I need some pickup truck owners to visit my next project and help me get it off the ground by registering and posting a few pics and providing a little feedback and suggestions . Go to Truckingboards.net

POLITICS How America was lost

Discussion in 'Washington D.C.' started by slavenomore, Nov 22, 2013.

1. slavenomore

slavenomore US Gov Hears Foreign Corps More Than Nonunions

http//www.paulcraigroberts.org/2013/11/07/america-/lost-paul-craig-roberts/

Good story about our govt corruption.

I recentlly posted how eventually our freespeech woulkd be curbed on sites like these...........I just read the new rules to the forum. didnt take long. The market likes freedom at our rights expense. That is by no means an attack on Jeff. HE NEEDS TO DO WHAT HE NEEES TO DO TO STAY ONLINE. but the rule about hate and stufff and friendlly posts only....allows the market to decide that we must remain docile and conform. our fteedom of speech is denied for money. The new and same old God. And power.
    Once again its not jeffs fault....i knew it would happen....
    People wont be allowed to talk about politics because advertisers will flee. The top one percenters at it again. Tyranny through the market...just like the YRC debt deal tyranizing our whole industry. The police state is all about govt crimes for the market or top one percenters also imo.

2. Starkravinloon

Starkravinloon Hero's Falling At Home

No, it means to be civil and intelligent... We are adults,aren't we? I like to kid and joke with everyone.. Remember, stay in control of things you can, the things you can't, take to the ones who can...

BTW, some say the real God(the one you believe in regardless) probably wouldn't approve of such a modern day government we see....But that just my opinion...

3. slavenomore

I forgot to mention that the people i was talking to jimmy about in the buchanan thread also control advertising.

4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Slave you silly goose. Noones freedom of speech is being restricted by the new rules.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

5. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook AD-FREE USER

Driver Since:
    100% correct! Slave is free to abide by any rules HE wants On HIS Own website. This one is Jeff's.

And people think I AM a Conspiracy nut!!! :duh:

Slave- you're seeing more and more spooks that don't exist in your every post... :regretful:

6. slavenomore

I dont live in a box jim. I didnt imply at all that jeff was at fault and i know he has to do it to stay online. They make it that way. NOBODYS DOIN NOTHIN WITHOUT THEM GETTING SOME. For alot of us cheapos this is free social stuff. Entertainment. Info.
    but nothings free. intead of charging he advertises to pay bills. Just like TV. TV is paid for by corporations and they will tell networks what can and cant be shown if they want their money. SO IS RADIO and too the thinktanks and to colleges and universtitiies get monies from donors. Its the brainwashing i talk about. ITS WHY UNIONS ARENT PUSHED FOR OR COVERED. CORPS PAY THE BILLS AND DONT WANT US CUTTING INTO THEIR POWER OR MONEY. Civil is in the eye of the beholder. MY HUNCH IS THAT WALL STREET, YRC, THE BANKS, AND THE ATA ALL KNEW THEY COULD CONTROL OUR TRADE WITH THE DEBT. IT ISNT REALLY CIVIL TO ME. ITS HOSTILE MASKED AS CIVIL. ALOT HAVE BEEN HURT SINCE THEN. MAYBE NOT PHYSICALLY BUT HURT JUST THE SAME. FAMLIES. Fredm is also in the eye of the beholder. THE MARKET PLAYS A ROLE IN THE DEGREE of freedoms we have.
    It may start out subtle but could increase, the things the advertisers approve of.
    THERE USED TO BE UNION BEATS IN NEWSPAPERS....GONE. YA COULD SEE IT BECAUSE THE UNIONS GOT SMALLER OR.....THAT MEDIA ALSO MANIPULATES AND SHAPES WHAT THEIR ADVERTIZERS WANT SOCIETY SHAPED LIKE. SORRY FOR THE CAPS LOCKS BUT THEY STICK ALL THE TIME AND SOMETIMES MY BACKSPACE RERASES THE WHOLE POST IN ONE CLICK.

Truck drivers are gonna be family friendlly and nice all the time?
    IF WE NEED THEIR MONEY WE WILL CONFORM. its what they expect of the church and her hospitals in exchange for obamacare or fed money they either conform or the freemason freedom and liberty crowd take their money.
    The moneychangers are at it again.
    money money money money money
    And if sites appear which reject the advertisetrs they will be less populated, which they like...and easier to watch and monitor.

THEIRS ALOT MORE CONTROL OF FREEDOM IN THAT THAN APPEARS BUT ITS THERE.
    Once again jeff is not to blame. It is the system they want. GOVT WORKS FOR MONEY. THE TYRANNY EXISTS FOR THE SAME WHO CONTROL AND REAP THE REWARDS OF THE MARKET.
    he posted some strict ban rules. They mustve come down fairlly hard for the rules to come. IF THEY DONT CONTROL WITH LAWS THEY DO SO IN COMMERCE.
    im just observing and posting my opinion not judging the site at all. Its the source who a think has alot of nerve and bossiness to tell aguy that he must conform or be yanked from their bankrolls. It aint gonna change the amount of viewers and increase their revenues so i think censorship and control is at the root. TYRANNY AS THEIR TALKING HEADS WOULD CALL IT OF OTHERS.

I HAVE NO IDEA WHY I WNT OFF TOPIC FROM THE GETGO.

7. Ice Rider

Ice Rider Well-Known Member

I still liked the previous rule and it should apply to the advertisers as well....."If you cant take it stay out!" I think that made it pretty clear that if you did not want to see or hear something that offended you...you may want to stay out. WITH THAT SAID! I completely understand Jeff's predicament and obviously nobody that I can tell is so offended that they stopped coming to TB, the rules are reasonable and I have not had to curb my opinions and I still say what I want. Thanks for the site Jeff.

And Slave, if anything it is just political correctness gone wild again with advertisers not wanting to be linked in anyway to certain speech, there are too many out there just waiting to be offended so the likes of Jessie Jackson, Gloria Allred, PETA and many others can make a spectacle of themselves.

8. jimmy g

Driver Since:
    Slavey- do you not read the union threads? On there it's them trying to control also. If one doesn't agree to 'shut er down', or violence against those that disagree, one gets ganged up against. Unions are exactly the same as corporations. Out for the money- running ads for the money- 'dissing any against them- exactly the same goals. Talk about being brain-washed! You are Totally one-sided....

9. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I agree, and nothing against Jeff. But I see the intimley end to TB.

10. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Jimmy, in Slave's world corporations and bankers are made up of mindless, emotionless robots, union's are made up of caring, loving men.

He can't see both are made up of people, good and bad people in both. Both simply doing what they're suppose to do. Look out for their self interest.

What I never understood about the typical union mentality, is how many union members believe it's moral for the union to lookout for their self interest, but if the company looks out for self intrest, their just being greedy.
    I believe neither side is greedy.

11. strangedays50

strangedays50 Well-Known Member

Slave,ya need to calm down son or your going to end up sittin in your dark house eating spam and having in depth conversations with your sock drawer.Until we can access the part of the brain that controls greed and the need to manipulate other people by what ever means,and thats a deep cerebral cortex thing so that aint happening anytime soon were pretty much stuck with this money thing.As far as the site goes its like my favorite free format radio station started going to commercial break and playing the ******* Cowsills.This is Jeffs candy store and im sure he had more than one anxiety attack about how to tell a bunch of truck drivers who gotta be one the most opinionated breed there is that they cant use foul language and look at scantily clad women,yea that had to suck a little.This is one of the few times I agree with that right winged senility suffering Stoney,#!*k political correctness.But all in all its still a good site and I'll keep coming on and behave myself .Thanks Jeff for the site

12. autocar65

autocar65 Local 767

Folks, I have been the go between on a few political forums. One was Rescue American Jobs and the other was a Constitution Party forum and both are gone now. Not so much because of censorship but because the conversation became static. It became static because no one wanted to do the work to up the quality of expression. The need to argue became the need to insult. Also, when you have redundant threads going over the same thing over and over and over again all that does is take up space.

Now slave just posted an article by Paul Craig Roberts....anyone know who he is? He is the Father of Reaganomics. He has a lot to say and we could learn much from the man. But will we? When we talk about supply side economics do we really know what it is? If this Democratic Republic is lost, it will not be from lack of talking. More likely it will be from lack of hearing. Our Government isn't listening to us anymore. It might be time for us to become better at communication.

13. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I won't because he abandoned his beliefs. Sounds like this guy bought into populist fear.

And I'll have to disagree that he's the father of Reaganomics. Because Reaganomics haa been around long before Reagan was ever born. Reaganomics is very simply Capitalism.

14. jimmy g

Driver Since:
  15. autocar65

autocar65 Local 767

On the subject of "Reaganomics" I agree. It is simple supply side economics and anytime you increase the "supply" of taxpayers (those who actually pay into the system) it is going to increase revenue. That is simply Capitalism and yes it works unlike what we are doing now: Reducing the size and wealth of the working middle class and expecting it to be good for anyone! So Kennedy was a proponent of Supply Side Economics. So yes, it existed long before Roberts or Reagan came along.

I don't think Paul Craig Roberts has abandoned anything. He is an economist who was attached to the Reagan era so all that went with it-he is attached to. So if every Conservative of the day was all for busting the USSR economically that gets attached to Roberts even though he may not have been personally for it. So we now get to hear from Paul Craig Roberts the economist, not the Reagan adviser. And could it be that Roberts knows that you can't trust the Obama economy with what we did with the Reagan economy? And if he warns us about getting involved militarily with Obama as commander and chief? Can you blame him? If Obama was president in the 80's instead of Reagan, would you trust him to do the USSR take down properly? I wouldn't.

And is there any chance that Roberts has gain a little wisdom in his old age? I know I have. I have had to change my thinking on many things! I am far less staunch on a few things than I was when I was younger. Does that mean I have abandoned anything? No, It means I have learned that it is far more expensive than I once thought to lock people up for every little thing. I have learned that prison has become an industry rather than correctional facilities.

Roberts is an economist. He is going to approach everything from economics. So, you say you are not going to read him because he has abandoned his beliefs. Did you read him when he was a Reagan adviser? And if not, how do you know he has abandoned anything.

We who are Conservatives are just as guilty of being politically lazy as any Liberal....maybe even lazier because at least the Liberal works at being a Liberal. We conservatives go around dismissing everyone just because they might differ from us 2 degree or so, pretty soon we will have dismissed the entire party. We complain rather than educate, we berate instead of admonish and we do it because we have become a generation who has allowed the cyber media to do our thinking for us. "The internet says it, I believe it and that settles it" and this is why the Magoos of the world exist. Our laziness is one of the reasons we have been saddled with Karl Rove as the man who chooses our GOP candidates for us. Laziness is the reason the Tea Party has been dismissed as a bunch of "Nut Jobs". The Computer says it and we begin repeating it. Republicans should have kicked Rove to the curb when he handed us Amnesty Jaun McCain. But yet here Rove is being told he is "A Great American" on Hannity. But you will NEVER see Roberts on there because Rupert Murdoch has been a supporter of Obama. I don't see Boehner, McConnell or McCain fighting Obama too terribly hard on what Obama sees as his agenda. They just handed their filibuster power over without much of a fight....right after Paul and Cruz filibustered the living daylights out of the Democrats..

So who ya gonna listen to. Hannity, Murdoch or Roberts? Roberts might actually tell you the truth about how far down the hole we are. Hannity is going to tell you "Just elect more Republicans" and all will be fine. We have "Republicans", we just don't have many who are Conservative any more. So if Roberts has "bought into populist fear" and he is telling us that those in the GOP cannot be considered Conservative anymore? Maybe we should give him a listen instead of just dismissing him. Maybe a little fear of becoming an ineffective, has been political party might actually do us some good. We already have Democrats saying the GOP is dead. They might actually be celebrating its demise already. I am seeing "Hillary in 2016" bumper stickers right now.

Fear is a great motivator, Democrats have been using it for years.

Here is a link that will load.

http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2013/11/07/america-lost-paul-craig-roberts/

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2013