Votes: 39 58.2%
  • Yes

Votes: 23 34.3%
  • I don't have a vote, I just want to see the results

Votes: 5 7.5%

• Total voters
NO

Dear Brothers and Sisters,
I have many selfish reasons to vote yes. There was one thing that convinced me to vote no; my conscience. Our Brothers and Sisters that came before us fought to secure a fair wage and benefit package for all. In some cases they literally died for these beliefs. I could not in good conscience vote yes and spit on the graves of the fallen.
I will not accept further concessions until Mr. Zollars shows his sincerity by reducing his wages to $1 per year. I would then consider a reasonable offer from YRC Worldwide, Inc. I believe there is no reason to extend the current contract as is set to expire in 2013. Two and a half years is enough time to gage the effectiveness of a recovery plan. Furthermore, the offer presented is insulting. We all know that a 25% pension contribution would result in no accrual of retirement benefits. We are currently working for zero benefits. Our pensions are not funded and the 15% wage reduction pays for our health and welfare benefits.
Please Vote your conscience, I am proud to say I voted mine.
In Solidarity,

Got my ballot in the mail, and immediately voted no. Put it in the mail the next day. We need to become the union we once were, an draw the line.