ODFL | How Bad Is O.d Health Insurance?

Homesick

Retired
Credits
I'm an ABF road driver and some people are posting on ABF that OD healthcare is much worse than ABF's. Does anyone know how bad your health insurance is compared to ours? Ours is Teamcare, with $20 office visits, prescription drugs that seem to cost a lot (my wife's blood, sugar, cholesterol, etc cost $800 for 90 days). Our dental just went to $2,500 a year and vision is free exam but $100 on glasses. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I'm not sure I believe what some individuals are posting about how bad it is at OD.

I'm an ABF road driver and some people are posting on ABF that OD healthcare is much worse than ABF's. Does anyone know how bad your health insurance is compared to ours? Ours is Teamcare, with $20 office visits, prescription drugs that seem to cost a lot (my wife's blood, sugar, cholesterol, etc cost $800 for 90 days). Our dental just went to $2,500 a year and vision is free exam but $100 on glasses. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I'm not sure I believe what some individuals are posting about how bad it is at OD.

If you want great healt insurance then go to Yrc or usf Holland...

Healthcare suck's.Stay with what you have.They want to brag about not having a premium increase.But,reality is we are paying more now than we have ever in the past.Most copay's are $40 to $60 per visit.Dental maxes at $1500 a year.Our Vision is ok.If you are healthy not much to worry about.But,when you & family depend on medical coverage it will break you.Could alway's be worse for sure.But,what I hear from other Union Driver's you all have really good insurance that makes me jealous.lol

Tu6JV7w.jpg

QA5VjGn.jpg

Hope that helps

Better than my plan. Premium $75/wk single, ded $3675. After ded, it pays 100%. So your max out of pocket of $5k is much better.

Looks good on paper.
So if I am reading that correctly, Ken, an employee buying the best family coverage, along with the out of pocket cost, could be a total of just under $15,000 a year for medical? And does your deductible count towards out of pocket?Plus eyes and dental? Thanks.