ABF | How busy is ABF L/H?

BillyLo

Service 2.0 OD Strong All Time Mastio Champion
Credits
Are there lots of guys sitting at home like Yellow and Roadway? Seems as if things are operated a bit different at ABF than those 2 union outfits. I've been thinking of joining a union carrier if I can get into a linehaul opening up here in the Pac. Nw but I'm just kind of scared to go anywhere the way the economy has been.

Go to ABF.com get the # for the location closest to you and call them to see if they are hiring.
As for the economy and the time of year yea this is a bad time to be looking for a job in general your location could be hiring they could be swamped with freight you wont know till you call. There is still freight out there to haul if you are in the right place i am not missing out on any trips here in the Midwest.
Is ABF a good company to work for YES.

You mention Yellow, I worked there they hire too many people they hire for peak biasness and lay off when it slows down. ABF is more careful not to hire to many that is not to say you wouldn't be lay ed off if you get on at a big break bulk but unless you are at a break bulk layoffs are the exception not the rule. If you can get on over here i wouldn't hesitate. There is a big background check don't lie on your app don't leave any blanks they will throw it right out.

My .02 cents good luck

Hey man, thanks for all the info! I'm probably going to ride the winter out where I'm at and wait to see how all of LTL'ers are doing for work in the Spring-time. Sounds like your app. process is just like OD's. Can't remember how many times I've seen guys go just for forgetting to tell something on the app. Well, I'll give the more bigger terminal in my area a jingle later this week for more info.

I wouldn't wait. Even though freight is slow, the screening process is pretty all inclusive, and thorough.

billylo I don't know what area you are looking in but a lot of guys are retiring before the contract in April. Best to get your app in and start the process. They hold them for 6 months

billylo I don't know what area you are looking in but a lot of guys are retiring before the contract in April. Best to get your app in and start the process. They hold them for 6 months

You can also check after a few weeks to see if you've passed the screening process. I f you have, you probably can rest assured, they will hire you at one point or another.