How come no beverage companies??

i dunno why no pepsi or coke, but beer distributors are always sort of regional and small. I could only see it working as a general forum, not company specific. Maybe rope Liquor distributor drivers in there as well...

I started out on coke it sucked. 1200 cases hand unloaded and pushed up a ramp in a flood plain every Friday for the weekend. thats why Ive got bone spurs on my heel now. Now they have bulk trucks and merchandisers. Also worked at Sun-Drop/RC. We had to do everything but load the truck there. Presell unload and merchandise, work 7days aweek unless YOU pay someone to pull for you.

I used to like working your long day and just at the end they'd page you to call back with a 911 as the message. They'd inform you that you were gonna "cover" for someone else cause xyz happened to them. Hence, your now working ANOTHER shift....SUCKER! LMAO

I used to like working your long day and just at the end they'd page you to call back with a 911 as the message. They'd inform you that you were gonna "cover" for someone else cause xyz happened to them. Hence, your now working ANOTHER shift....SUCKER! LMAO
That still happes to us Stan, now we have a really good crew of guys that want to work, I haven't had to do any extra on a friday for 2 weeks now, I just hope everyone else stays.

I'm the resident beer guy ha-ha I guess :usa:. I just started a week ago at a beer distributor. Most beer distributors are smaller companies that cover a few counties in a particular state. Distributors are licensed to handle certain brands in certain counties.

The company I work for uses bulk trucks and side loader trailers. The bulk trailers are pretty good ways to go, the side loaders are okay, but it is very physical especially if your short like me, you have to climb all around. I've gotten skinnier since I started doing it.

We also have to handle kegs and they can weigh 125lbs a piece. I've had times when the two wheeler weighed more then I did ha-ha! With two kegs on the wheeler it does weigh more then I do ha-ha.

It's a good work out I don't have to go to the gym any more.

Some distributors handle more brands of beer then others. The company I work for we handle a lot of different kinds of beer and other beverages. The Budweiser distributors they don't handle as many different kinds of beer, but they move just as much quantity.

Our days can range from 700-800 cases give or take some days it's under 700 some days its over 800 cases of beer.
The drivers get paid by commission so however much they deliver they get paid, by it's not terrible money, no log books and home every night and off on weekends. Some times the days can get a tad long, but that's the nature of the business. Usually though a lot of the guys are hustlers and get done within 8-9 hours.

My opinion i think doing pop and beer sucks. I did it for a 1 1/2 years

If I were younger and able to still rock n sock like I used to, I would go to work for Dublin Bottleworks. It is best if I keep from having to deal with store managers though. I have told a few at Albertsons and Kroger that they can kiss the baby.

Dublin Texas is the original Dublin Dr. Pepper maker and I would like to see them do well. They have a good product and use a lot of natural flavoring along with cane sugar. You just can beat a root beer float made from this bunch. It covers a plurality of addictions, Ice Cream, root beer and sugar.

I will see you when I get out of this Coma.

Dublin Bottling Works, home of the pure cane sugar soda

I never had a desire to do it, seems dealing with some of those convienience store mgrs would be a real problem.

I can only imagine. "Ned the Grocery clerk gets promoted to manager of the new Quick Barf where the hot dogs have been on the roller for several days now and he is earning is bonus by putting last weeks green sheets in the rest rooms"!

Ego, ambition and ignorance all in one package. What a delight! Exactly how do you deal with a "Manager" who has his earbuds hooked to his cellphone?