FedEx Freight | How Did We Get To This Point?!

myE5bEZ.jpg

Brad Wilkes has most all these old movie props on his farm in Lincolnton, you would have to see all his collection to believe.

Been with FedEx about 10 years now and can't believe what we've become. Half baked managers who have no business running a terminal let alone being in the trucking industry at all. No seniority whatsoever, favorites played to every worker who is low production and willing to either go home after dock hours or not come to work at all. Defiantly not the company I originally signed on with. pretty sad that a really god company has fell to this point.
Yep I’m just here for a paycheck now I do my job and go home forget this place but hey management made me this way.but hey the money is good, to me that’s all that counts ,sorry some people might get butt hurt over the way I think but that’s just how it is.

Yep I’m just here for a paycheck now I do my job and go home forget this place but hey management made me this way.but hey the money is good, to me that’s all that counts ,sorry some people might get butt hurt over the way I think but that’s just how it is.
I agree 100%!!!
I’m a truck driver, I was hired to drive the truck but now with all the bells, buzzers, cameras (like the worthless camera on the spot mirror...what a waste of money) and now the push to use cruise control, they want us all to be truck monitors...sorry, I’m not wired that way!!

We’re not a team, this isn’t Pop Warner, it’s become a job (thx Safety Dept :17113:)...come in, do my job, go home, and pay me on Friday...attitude reflects leadership!!

I agree 100%!!!
I’m a truck driver, I was hired to drive the truck but now with all the bells, buzzers, cameras (like the worthless camera on the spot mirror...what a waste of money) and now the push to use cruise control, they want us all to be truck monitors...sorry, I’m not wired that way!!

We’re not a team, this isn’t Pop Warner, it’s become a job (thx Safety Dept :17113:)...come in, do my job, go home, and pay me on Friday...attitude reflects leadership!!
RC loves his cruise control. Being in a 55mph state and getting paid by the hour, RC’s cruise control maximizes his income potential. And, it makes sure the truck doesn’t get there too early.

#1 well written , thank you.
#2 It's called Snapshot but usually it gets leaked and all the dots
on the i's and t's are crossed ahead of time by your TM.
It's fun to see the rats run when they don't know ahead of time.
#3 FDX is here daily lurking and reading , I know , I've been pulled
in the office for a spanking. They say we are a dead issue but why
do they spend the day here.:732::barbershop quartet member: They know who we are.

Yep. Had a center manager call me by my screen name here. I'm not a road driver, so I don't use a handle, my screen name was just an anonymous name to use. He wanted to be sure I knew he jnew who I was on truckingboards.

They liked to give me a food whse or 3 and plenty of
damaged freight if I butt hurt one of the ass holes on
the boards here. They hate it when they would be exposed
for daily debauchery. The TM would quickly close his door
or run out for long coffee to avoid me. He would have
oned of the **** ants give me some insane run. LOL , I
always got my stuff off and would bulldoze all the trashed
freight to the nose , let them figure it out. Never look back.

There is nothing wrong with the way you think sir! It's the same exact way I think.. Go to work, drive safe, here's my paperwork see ya later, lucky if you get a good morning from me.... & get paid Friday mornings

I don't know what happened to FedEx as a whole and I haven't been here that long, but i can tell you the issues at my center.

The first issue is promoting from within. I can see the upside to that, but the reality is that somebody gets into a position of power and all they do is help their friends. I've seen numerous things covered up (tardies, forklift negligence and even people having sex in trailers in the yard) and while everyone knows about it nothing gets done until something really bad happens and it gets back to corporate.

The second issue is quantity over quality. "We don't ship air" and bills per hour are foolishness. What's the point in moving 10 bills per hour if you're destroying half of them. Forcing in a handling unit to get your trailer up to 13 or 14k at the expense of the freight behind it is stupid. Especially when there are 20 other LTL companies around you that charge less.

The third issue is nobody cares, it's business as usual. If only one person reports an issue nothing will be done . Instead of complaining to each other, reach out to ethics and go over the leadership in your center. We also have to be United. You care about my issues and I'll care about yours, otherwise we're fighting losing battles here. This is when Union talk start and FedEx says "hey, relax. We can work this out let's talk."

Fourth, people feel entitled nowadays. I come across so many drivers that started last month and are mad they're not going to make what the number 10 city driver makes. Nobody understands that everybody starts at the bottom. So, they refuse to work or do things right. Because their dock buddy got promoted to supervisor, they get away with it.

The main issue is that centers run independently. You can write all the corporate mumbo jumbo you want and put it on the intranet and on posters, it doesn't mean anything. There has to be surprise visits from corporate and a real way for employees to have interactions with regional leadership.
Sex in the trailers??