ODFL | How did you start with O.D. ?

JIM BOB

06/47-08/20
Rest In Peace
Credits
How did you start with O.D. ? On the yard,on the dock,or in the truck ? What would you do over ?

I heard there was a real live "Skywalker" working for OD so I knew then they needed at least one good R2 unit. So Whistler joined up. :)

Old step dad drove here, he got me on but there was a catch, had to work the dock for 3 months before going to driving school. Didn't know how things really worked in trucking and got a real good taste of it by working the dock. I learned a lot working the dock and it helped me to figure out how things were done faster than if I wouldn't have and I am thankful for the experience. And proud to have a R2 Whistler here.

started on the dock,did that for two years and then attended one of the first driving schools.14 years in the city since,good days bad days,don't think i would change anything but not spend every raise on something i should not have LOL

I went to a local college to get my cdl. Then I talked to drivers from different companys that delivered to the shop where I worked. I chose OD and have been running wild doing p&d ever since.