TForce | How did your meeting go?

Old School said:
Had our meeting Sunday. Alot of B.S. before getting down to the nitty gritty. New benefits package that sounds like it might take a lawyer to figure out. Sounds like it might be better in most areas and a little less in others. Should get it in the mail before May and need to enroll in it by internet or phone in the next 6 weeks. NO PAY RAISE. Some new equipment coming. Uniforms are being a problem fitting our fat asses (don't even have mine yet). Given new employee rule book and policy book as well. Policy book states that the general underlying principle that UPS Freight operates under is "FAIRNESS". All employees should adhere to the principle of "doing whats right". It goes on to say "we do not believe that a union could gain anything more for our employees than we can accomplish through our direct and open working relationship." Also states "we believe strongly that the interests of our employees, our customers and our company are best served without union intervention. If employees select a union, UPS Freight will comply with and exercises it's rights under applicable labor law." So how did yours go and what are your thoughts?
Sounds like you had the quarterly meeting not the welcome to UPSF meetings which are the 24 and 25th.

Teamster251 said:
Not even going to sit in on your own meeting?

Do you vote?

Or you just leave it up to everyone else and take whatever comes along.
Right on. I guess when they write him up for not being there, he'll see another side of our new daddy. I would think a company man would be there? Information is education!!!:rolleyes:

Skeeter said:
If that is all it is then when I get in from my run I'm going to sneak home.:biglaugh:

Welcome to Skeeter's World. He has all the answers about the union. He has all the answers about O/UPSF, yet it appears he doesn't go to any meetings of any kind. Now I see why he says "let's wait and see what happens". It seems as though he doesn't care what happens, doesn't want to make a difference, doesn't want to answer honest questions asked of him, doesn't really want to make a difference. Just constant rehashing of old ways and ideas, and personal views and opinion.

Skeeter, too much is at stake to walk around and blindly accept what will be given to you by management.
file008MA12274662-0043.gif
Nor do I suggest that you blindly accept what Teamsters tell you as well. The best way to be informed is to go to the source. Sit in on your meetings. Go to the local union hall, introduce yourself and sit in on one of our meetings. Believe me, we are not the Big Bad Monsters that mangemnet portrays us to be. We are just normal people like you and your coworkers, that care about our futures and the future of our companies.

One simple question. I noticed your meeting was held on a Sunday. Just curious, does O/UPSF pay you to come to a company meeting on YOUR time? I noticed on a Fedex post that management punched people out to enter the office for consultations. Just curious if you were compensated for your time.

hugnlug said:
You guys down south always get the new stuff. Could you find it in your hearts to send your junk north? I bet your junk is better than our junk.:biglaugh:
ya,just think,they don' have to really do any painting,just let nature run it's course,and soon enough it Will be 'brown'RUST BROWN,:biglaugh: ,anyone remember the r,f,mb macks we all use to have,what trucks,back then they did a better matinence on them more often,to,want to see classic equipment like that,go to hanks truck pictures,the dave faust,steve slocum,stan houghton,chris sissick,andgary morton collections got tons of classic photos of old trucks/companies,so doe's fred gruin jr.,love it :waycool:

FYI,251, Overnite employees get thr same package for following a job....usually includes food housing expenses for a month

Animo916 said:
Welcome to Skeeter's World. He has all the answers about the union. He has all the answers about O/UPSF, yet it appears he doesn't go to any meetings of any kind. Now I see why he says "let's wait and see what happens". It seems as though he doesn't care what happens, doesn't want to make a difference, doesn't want to answer honest questions asked of him, doesn't really want to make a difference. Just constant rehashing of old ways and ideas, and personal views and opinion.

Skeeter, too much is at stake to walk around and blindly accept what will be given to you by management.
Nor do I suggest that you blindly accept what Teamsters tell you as well. The best way to be informed is to go to the source. Sit in on your meetings. Go to the local union hall, introduce yourself and sit in on one of our meetings. Believe me, we are not the Big Bad Monsters that mangemnet portrays us to be. We are just normal people like you and your coworkers, that care about our futures and the future of our companies.
agree,the best way to find out is go to the source,if you've never been to a meeting,and asked questions about things,how can you really find out,or expect to find out?,i know some guys are a little nervouse about going,worried that management will find out,but after the first meeting or 2 to' brake the ice',so to speak,you graudually ease in. i remember the first meeting i ever attended years,and years ago,might have only been 19,20 at the time,sure i,and my co-workers were a little nervous/jittery,but we eased in,and things went very well,really did'nt care after if the managers knew/did'nt know if,and who went.it's a free country (somewhat).we stood up for our right to be able to go to a union meeting,and be counted:cool: :highfive:and you know what,it makes you all the stronger,and better for it.

Animo916 said:

absoulutly 1 billion% correct ,animo:clap: :clap:1036316054:

Animo916 said:
One simple question. I noticed your meeting was held on a Sunday. Just curious, does O/UPSF pay you to come to a company meeting on YOUR time? I noticed on a Fedex post that management punched people out to enter the office for consultations. Just curious if you were compensated for your time.
I punched in for our meeting.:rolleyes:

hugnlug said:
Right on. I guess when they write him up for not being there, he'll see another side of our new daddy. I would think a company man would be there? Information is education!!!
yo,huglug,seen the dock supervisors constantly walking the docks with'employee observation sheets'grading everone on safety,whether they count their freight,lift proerly,get of forklift properly,set emergency brack before dismounting,yada,yada,yada.'wait till they got the tracking devices in the trucks,30 minute lunches,15 minute coffee breaks,not a minute longer,either.thats okay,'BRING IN THE HORSES'long as we got representastion/protection,to hell with them,let em observe all they want,if thats what trips their triggers,I ain't as worried as a couple at my terminal,the TM'S buddy's,wonder if they'll still be buddies before everything is all said & done,will this guys be running in to blow/suck him off,buy him donuts in a month from now,these screwups?:nutkick: :biglaugh: :rofl2::rofl2: that's a good one.

BUTTONMAN74 said:
yo,huglug,seen the dock supervisors constantly walking the docks with'employee observation sheets'grading everone on safety,whether they count their freight,lift proerly,get of forklift properly,set emergency brack before dismounting,yada,yada,yada.'wait till they got the tracking devices in the trucks,30 minute lunches,15 minute coffee breaks,not a minute longer,either.thats okay,'BRING IN THE HORSES'long as we got representastion/protection,to hell with them,let em observe all they want,if thats what trips their triggers,I ain't as worried as a couple at my terminal,the TM'S buddy's,wonder if they'll still be buddies before everything is all said & done,will this guys be running in to blow/suck him off,buy him donuts in a month from now,these screwups?:nutkick: :biglaugh: :rofl2::rofl2: that's a good one.
Worked for Buster Brown years ago. Back then, a supervisor was sent to UPS school to learn the ins and outs of their position and how to manage. We have a hayseed on our dock doing the same thing and I know he has not gone through there training. I think he's pretending to be writing. I thought I saw him playing tic tack toe! The noose is not even on yet, and we got guys squirmming. On another note. Being a teamster with UPS does not mean that you are immune to being threatend with termination. Plain and simple, if you suck at producing results in your job class, you will be gone. A steward or BA can only protect you for so long.

hugnlug said:
Worked for Buster Brown years ago. Back then, a supervisor was sent to UPS school to learn the ins and outs of their position and how to manage. We have a hayseed on our dock doing the same thing and I know he has not gone through there training. I think he's pretending to be writing. I thought I saw him playing tic tack toe! The noose is not even on yet, and we got guys squirmming. On another note. Being a teamster with UPS does not mean that you are immune to being threatend with termination. Plain and simple, if you suck at producing results in your job class, you will be gone. A steward or BA can only protect you for so long.
same at any freight co.,HUGLUG, either you produce,or ,gone,always been that way,'fair days work for a fair days pay',as far as hayseed management,always thought I saw them in the movies,like 'DELIVERANCE',you know,Billybob boy with the banjo,and somebody a tad smarter with a guitar challenging ole Biilygoatbobboy. :redneck: 'say boy,you got a purty mouth on you,bend over& squell like a pig':biglaugh: :nutkick::jerkit: is it just me,or do I hear 'duelin banjo's'.

You want to know something really ironic?
Right after I dropped out of school at age 17 with only beinig credited up to the 7th grade.
I started looking for driving jobs.

UPS was one of the of the places I applied.
They told me there was no way I'd get hired on with them without at least a high school diploma.

Gee wiz were they wrong or what!
Now here I am being grandfathered into UPS with no more formal education than when I first tryed to get hired by them.

And to think it was just 45 short years ago,seems like just yesterday when they said hit the road,and don't come back till you have more brains.
I do know a lot more about trucking,but as far as school goes I'm still as dumb as a rock.

May the Lord direct your path it works for me.

They sure do! When you are at Fedex Freight you are sent to Harrisburg for training. They drill the "Union is Bad" into your head. Just last week they gave us they same speech, and informed us of the nationwide Teamsters organizing drive.:duh:

FXFE,
It's not just FedEx that does that...it's probably all of the nons. Alot of the younger guys who were never taught about the need and reasons for the Union just believe what they've been told by the boss. I had a guy PM me a long time ago and ask about a job at Yellow, you know, what it was like to work there. I told him about it and mentioned that once you finished the 30 day probabtion period you were in and then you had free health/pension benefits and protection from being fired unjustly......he was very surprised to know that the Teamsters had your back in these situations. I asked him "You didn't know that?"......he said "No, all I know about the Teamsters is what they tell us at CCX."