TForce | How did your meeting go?

I guess that's why Big R(Bklyn) is getting two guys from CCX. One starts this Monday and the other next week. Go figure?

That is a very true statement. I also worked for CCX for 4 months. The funny thing is that when I started on my p+d run, I did not know the area at all............. I was absolutly shocked when a 30 yr. experienced Yellow driver stopped and helped me with my run. He took time out of his day to organize my stop:rolleyes: s for me, showed me what stops were open for deliveries at lunch time, and always gave me a helping hand moving heavy freight. When ever I can I try to help him as well as pass this small lesson on to others that need a hand.

This driver from yellow opened my eyes that we are all in this together union or non.... just making a days pay to better our familys.

stldude44 said:
FXFE,
It's not just FedEx that does that...it's probably all of the nons. Alot of the younger guys who were never taught about the need and reasons for the Union just believe what they've been told by the boss. I had a guy PM me a long time ago and ask about a job at Yellow, you know, what it was like to work there. I told him about it and mentioned that once you finished the 30 day probabtion period you were in and then you had free health/pension benefits and protection from being fired unjustly......he was very surprised to know that the Teamsters had your back in these situations. I asked him "You didn't know that?"......he said "No, all I know about the Teamsters is what they tell us at CCX."
ya,I kinda figured thhey did that,too,saw it,heard it many years at OVERNITE,sad thing was,years ago,alot of the younger guys did believe that anti-union crap,I don't think anyone of em ever had even a relitive that was ever in any kind of a union,let alone the TEAMSTERS.over the years, I'VE managed to educate them on the importance of a union,and union representation,held meetings if they wanted,so they could ask questions,gather info.they've come a very long way,know they are will and eager to learn more,also to join,since the days of 'f.ck the union',like the company tried to drill into them.remember some of the guys in my barn were even afraid to talk to union drivers on the street,at stops,out of fear of being fired.like I stated in past post's,I have seen first hand the benifits of being in a union,both grandfathers,greatgrandfathers,for a time ,my father was a teamster,then uaw member,and a few uncles that were teamsters,saw what it did for my famillies,and the gains that they made through their hard work and sacrifices,proud of em.:tribehasspoken: :bgroovy: :cool: :bgroovy:

Well if your family was all union members and you saw what it did for them what the hell are you working for a non-union company for:chairshot: Sounds like maybe a union company wouldn't have you.:bgroovy: So now you just spew por-union speck to antigonize others and make yourself sound inportant. By the way in another post you ask if I work for UPSF I was a city driver for 8 years and have been ofn the road for 13 years and this company is great to work for.:smilie_132:

dvr49 said:
Well if your family was all union members and you saw what it did for them what the hell are you working for a non-union company for: Sounds like maybe a union company wouldn't have you.:: So now you just spew por-union speck to antigonize others and make yourself sound inportant. By the way in another post you ask if I work for UPSF I was a city driver for 8 years and have been ofn the road for 13 years and this company is great to work for._
if you don't like high gas prices,or high taxes, things in this country,why don't you move to mexico,china,russia,if you don't like things,or whats happening in this country[bet you voted for BUSH though],tell ya what right now ,too,if UPS did'nt buy 'o',and they went out of business tommorrow,I sure would'nt have any problem getting on at roadway,yellow,abf,new penn,or holland,sounds like with your attitude,you sure would,see,they like people with freight experience,knowledge,and that actually know how to work:nutkick: ,so that would never have to be a problem,started here fresh out of high school many moons ago,been here ever since,and yes,still improving the lives of my co-workers here, along with their help,support.oh,ya,as far as my being 'self importation',could it be becuase I maybe think something of myself & coworkers,and you don't?:nutkick: hhhmmmmm,as far as antagonizing,sounds like you've got some knowledge personnel experiance at doing this, on this subject:nutkick: :smilie_132:if you don't like the raises you've bbeen getting,and benifits,thanks to the teamsters & overnite employees that wish to join the union,WHY IN THE HELL don't you give em back'?