R&L | How do I get a job with R&L?

Mark Cornish

TB Lurker
Credits
So I applied on R&L's website when they had an opening, about 3 months ago. I assume I wasn't picked for the job since I never got a call, but I still have an application pending - it won't let me re-submit anything but I do have an online account. I have 14 years of driving experience, with no preventable accidents or tickets, have all my endorsements. Do I just have to get lucky? Is there anything I can do to get my foot in the door? I do know a guy who used to work for my current company who is working for R&L now and he told me to just apply online, I had hoped there would be more I could do.

I can do that? I didn't want to just drive up into their property unannounced.
Sort of slowed down recently in the LTL world.
Doesnt hurt to call terminal ask for recruiter.
Some places refer you to terminal mgr. Maybe depends on co and terminal size.

14 years exp is a lot. Not sure it will be appreciated by LTLs where seniority is the name of the game.

Sort of slowed down recently in the LTL world.
Doesnt hurt to call terminal ask for recruiter.
Some places refer you to terminal mgr. Maybe depends on co and terminal size.

14 years exp is a lot. Not sure it will be appreciated by LTLs where seniority is the name of the game.

I'm asking for the Lakeland, FL terminal if anyone on here works for them. I'd appreciate any info

I suppose I could print off a resume and take it down there and speak to the TM, and ask him that if anything comes up, to please call me. Maybe that'll make me stick out more. My fear is that when I applied online, my app was only one of hundreds.

I suppose I could print off a resume and take it down there and speak to the TM, and ask him that if anything comes up, to please call me. Maybe that'll make me stick out more. My fear is that when I applied online, my app was only one of hundreds.
All the more reason to stick out more by going in and making yourself known. Good luck.

So I applied on R&L's website when they had an opening, about 3 months ago. I assume I wasn't picked for the job since I never got a call, but I still have an application pending - it won't let me re-submit anything but I do have an online account. I have 14 years of driving experience, with no preventable accidents or tickets, have all my endorsements. Do I just have to get lucky? Is there anything I can do to get my foot in the door? I do know a guy who used to work for my current company who is working for R&L now and he told me to just apply online, I had hoped there would be more I could do.
Like others have said go on down to the terminal. Believe it or not they don't look at the applications from online. If you're looking for p&d apply away but if it's linehaul stay where you're at or look elsewhere. The pay is better for linehaul at other companies and outside carriers have been running a lot of our freight lately.

Actually I applied online 1st. After 1 month I called terminal and spoke with the guy who did the hiring. He pulled my app then asked me to come in. Filled out App and started a couple weeks later. This was many years ago.