XPO | How do we start

You should find out how many of your fellow employees are actually interested in possibly being represented by the Teamsters. If the majority are, then you would contact a business agent at the local teamsters hall and talk with him or her about it. They will ask you why you are interested in the Teamsters union and will explain how the process works and what is involved. If there are other Conway barns that have signed cards and possibly voted, then the agent might have some information to share about that. In any event, all drivers at the teminal will have to sign cards and if the majority are for it, then the next step is a vote like your Laredo terminal is doing on the 12th. Once you have official representation by the Teamsters, the Teamsters will negotiate a contract with Conway that will be fair to both sides. First things first... be sure it is what you want. You figure that out by asking questions and getting facts and making informed and educated decisions. One fact I will start you out with... your service center manager nor corporate will not know what employees voted yes or no. All they will know is what the majority response is. The second fact I can give you is that you will get a contract where seniority means something and you will have a grievance process for disciplinary actions taken against you by the company. The last thing I will leave you with is that you will not get everything you want in your first contract but you have to start somewhere and build on it. So things like pay raises, medical benefits and pension/401k contributions all have to be negotiated. Best of luck and as many have stated in the Fedex threads, stand up for what you believe in and fight for it. Stop being treated like a piece of garbage and get your dignity and self respect back.

One other thing I should mention... watch how you word things as you post on this forum. Conway will be watching and reading every bit of it. Also, jump on the Teamsters website and read the master freight agreement. That will give you an idea as to what you can get out of Teamsters union representation. UPS's contract is also available for viewing.

One other thing I should mention... watch how you word things as you post on this forum. Conway will be watching and reading every bit of it. Also, jump on the Teamsters website and read the master freight agreement. That will give you an idea as to what you can get out of Teamsters union representation. UPS's contract is also available for viewing.
Well said brother, Thanks for the info, a lot of Con/Way employees will need :smiliewhs::usa::6799: the help!

what is the process for other barns to get this rolling?

I think you should start with a thread on a discussion board.

Actually contacting a teamster's office in your area by phone would be idiotic.

Doing research on your own without input from anonymous entities on a forum is just silly.

Good luck. You obviously are willing to really put a lot of effort towards your goal!

Doing research on your own without input from anonymous entities on a forum is just silly.

Good luck. You obviously are willing to really put a lot of effort towards your goal!
really? What is their to discuss? You either like where the company is going with its policies or you don't. You either Take action or you don't. It's pretty simple.

There you go. Forget everything I said. Best silly answer I have ever seen from an anonymous entity on a message board... :nono_h4h:

Pass the Midol, honey...

You should find out how many of your fellow employees are actually interested in possibly being represented by the Teamsters. If the majority are, then you would contact a business agent at the local teamsters hall and talk with him or her about it. They will ask you why you are interested in the Teamsters union and will explain how the process works and what is involved. If there are other Conway barns that have signed cards and possibly voted, then the agent might have some information to share about that. In any event, all drivers at the teminal will have to sign cards and if the majority are for it, then the next step is a vote like your Laredo terminal is doing on the 12th. Once you have official representation by the Teamsters, the Teamsters will negotiate a contract with Conway that will be fair to both sides. First things first... be sure it is what you want. You figure that out by asking questions and getting facts and making informed and educated decisions. One fact I will start you out with... your service center manager nor corporate will not know what employees voted yes or no. All they will know is what the majority response is. The second fact I can give you is that you will get a contract where seniority means something and you will have a grievance process for disciplinary actions taken against you by the company. The last thing I will leave you with is that you will not get everything you want in your first contract but you have to start somewhere and build on it. So things like pay raises, medical benefits and pension/401k contributions all have to be negotiated. Best of luck and as many have stated in the Fedex threads, stand up for what you believe in and fight for it. Stop being treated like a piece of garbage and get your dignity and self respect back.
Well said brother!
Thanks for your input here!

really? What is their to discuss? You either like where the company is going with its policies or you don't. You either Take action or you don't. It's pretty simple.

Thank you for backing up my point.

Take action if you think it's needed.

Don't just start another thread on a board that will get nothing done.

Well said brother!
Thanks for your input here!

Michael_scott.jpg

Laughing so F ing hard.

Crack me the F up.

Good l

uck. You obviously are willing to really put a lot of effort towards your goal!

Just do the total opposite of what ever he just said and you'll be fine! And also you will keep your knees a lot cleaner!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
i dunno, that WAS the funniest post on this board in a while!!

fwiw, op, you gotta do some legwork, or at least some phone calls to the union local in your town. what is your location, im sure someone on here will know the local.

i dunno, that WAS the funniest post on this board in a while!!

fwiw, op, you gotta do some legwork, or at least some phone calls to the union local in your town. what is your location, im sure someone on here will know the local.

If you can work this forum, you can use google. How hard is it to find out anything any more ?