AAA Cooper | How do you rate this company?

How well they like you will depend on what you drive and how hard you work:moon2::boohoo:

They should stick to LTL. They are not setup for OTR, or dedicated which they are trying to get into now.

Reasons:
No break down pay
No cash advances for OTR drivers
Out of route fueling at AAA terminals without pay for the extra mileage
No advance vacation time
Fuel islands designed for LTL trucks without 53 footers
Most terminals have no access, or on duty mechanics at night
Terrible road service (answering machine at Dothan shop)
No respect for drivers off time

Drivers I have met who have left there say they never realized how bad it was there(no driver respect), until they left and went to work for another company.

:Bondage:

AAA Cooper

I worked for them in Jacksonville FL. Never had a problem. Never was mad. But then I drove in the Ded Keffee:clap: Div. And worked for a great Sup. Gregg P. I drive for R+L now. Only because I moved to Las Vegas. If AAA was in Vegas I would love to drive for them.

Was with Cooper for 9 years,been gone for 9 1/2 years.How's Reed doing as far as running the company. I was only there for 1 year after he took over.Seemed to be a good kid.He did call the terminal I was out of to see why the terimnal manager let me quit.Of course he fabricated the reason,but I did write him and Pete B. a letter explaining the situation. Less than a year later the TM was fired.We had 5,hard working drivers quit during his reign as TM.I just wished Pete B and Reed would have tryed to correct the problem sooner,we would all still be with Cooper.Have a good one.Hope you guys succeed.

AAA Cooper

I love the story of how he started this company. Jacksonville Term was run by a good guy. Brian. I go into it with one of my stops. And I got all in this guy's face. It took about 2 mo. before it worked it's way to the Jacksonville Term TM. He calls me in. I am with my Sup Gregg. They ask my side. And The TM understood why I lost it. He could have fired me. But He had to take me off the stop. Which was a twice a week stop. So I had to come off the route. I was given a new night run. Which was less miles. But I move trailers around at the DED Warehouse for loading the next day. So it made up for the less miles. I heard sme bad stories from others But my time with AAA Cooper was good,

How well they like you will depend on what you drive and how hard you work:moon2::boohoo:

B.S. How well they like you is how long you can keep your mouth shut. Most of the TM's are a joke. This was the way it was while I worked there (12 years) Hard work got you one thing at AAA, more hard work. Had my route up to 35 stops average per day. Did 46 once, fill a trailer they'd send a dockworker to me with an empty so I could fill up the second trailer too. 12+ hours daily one 30 min lunch. Hurry go go go was all you ever heard. Rules for me were diff. for you and totaly diff for Bill and diff for Tom ect.... Pay is pretty good but not worth the CRAP you have to put up with. First 3 years were the only good ones I had there. Company changed.

They should stick to LTL. They are not setup for OTR, or dedicated which they are trying to get into now.

Reasons:
No break down pay
No cash advances for OTR drivers
Out of route fueling at AAA terminals without pay for the extra mileage
No advance vacation time
Fuel islands designed for LTL trucks without 53 footers
Most terminals have no access, or on duty mechanics at night
Terrible road service (answering machine at Dothan shop)
No respect for drivers off time

Drivers I have met who have left there say they never realized how bad it was there(no driver respect), until they left and went to work for another company.

:Bondage:
That is exactly the way it was when I exited the place. Worked there 10 years never looked back. So they have not changed it seems. The worst was sitting broke down somewhere all night because they were to cheap to get road service. A blowout ruined many a night for aaa cooper driver`s or asscorted other problem`s. Not to mention 16 or more hour layover`s.
Those who are still there need to get out before it is to late there is better co`s out there to work for alot better.

I can not speak for the LTL side of the company. I work on the Ded Keffe account. Best and layed back job I ever had. Worked for a good site Sup. Gregg. Look out for each one of us. And it was making a lot of money for Cooper. Other accounts may not have been as good. Jacksonville TM was ok in my book. I gave one of my stops a whole lot of ::shit:: and I could and should have been fired. He understood why I got upset with this stop. And just moved me to another route.

Anyone remember a company named Mason Dixon?? Cooper's training tapes name the mistakes that M&D made. The old man handed the company over to the moronic buffoon kids. Kids ran it into the ground.. Sad part is I see the striking similarities with Cooper now. Kids raided the cookie jar too many times. I really hope That moron kid is happy..The lives he's ruined for his personal enjoyment...Too bad he's about to go down

Anyone remember a company named Mason Dixon?? Cooper's training tapes name the mistakes that M&D made. The old man handed the company over to the moronic buffoon kids. Kids ran it into the ground.. Sad part is I see the striking similarities with Cooper now. Kids raided the cookie jar too many times. I really hope That moron kid is happy..The lives he's ruined for his personal enjoyment...Too bad he's about to go down

Hey hasben I am a former line driver read your comment`s is aaa in trouble? Just wondering I was part of the retirement plan before 401k. Just want what I am do hope MR R. does`nt ruin it all. Knew the co would be in trouble with him at the helm.

The people who gave blood& sweat for the good of the company are leaving...handing it over to the bean counters and relying on Computer sense rather than common sense..really sad...To coin a phrase,let's take it to sea Mr.murdoch...Let's watch the idiot kids sink this ship

Hey hasben I am a former line driver read your comment`s is aaa in trouble? Just wondering I was part of the retirement plan before 401k. Just want what I am do hope MR R. does`nt ruin it all. Knew the co would be in trouble with him at the helm.

Run a 105 OR in the past 5 quarters & see how long you can survive