Yellow | How Do You Request A Transfer?

TruckinLove

TB Lurker
Credits
What's the process of requesting a transfer to a different terminal? For example, if you're moving from one state to another, but want to stay with the company- how does that work? What's the process, timeline, etc?

What's the process of requesting a transfer to a different terminal? For example, if you're moving from one state to another, but want to stay with the company- how does that work? What's the process, timeline, etc?
Are you laid off? I have done a 5.5 when I was laid off, it is very easy if the other terminal has an opening and you have not been called back you just submit it in writing and it's pretty much a done deal. If you are currently working and you want to switch, I don't know how that works. You might be at the company's mercy?

You might want to check that out before doing anything. As far as I know, if you want to go to another, you used to have to resign your position at your current terminal, and the only thing you took with you was company time, not terminal seniority, so you could be bottom man.

Go online and see what terminals are hiring. Contact that Terminal manager and tell him you want to apply for that job, at that location. YOU will have to pay all expenses to move and you will start at the bottom of the seniority list at that job classification, at that location. You WILL be able to maintain your company's seniority for vacations and benefits. Your new seniority date on the list will show two, one for the terminal location and one showing your company benefits date. Best of luck!

Go online and see what terminals are hiring. Contact that Terminal manager and tell him you want to apply for that job, at that location. YOU will have to pay all expenses to move and you will start at the bottom of the seniority list at that job classification, at that location. You WILL be able to maintain your company's seniority for vacations and benefits. Your new seniority date on the list will show two, one for the terminal location and one showing your company benefits date. Best of luck!
Do they make you go to 90 percent for a year or is that a Holland thing?