TForce | How Fast Do You Think We Will Be Union?

I say enough reading get the cards going.

First we were waiting for the Indy contract to be completed,and voted in.
Thats history now.
Then we were waiting for the parcel contract to be done.
Well according to the UPSer's web site,they have agreed on that contract.

So now whats the hold up?

I think I'm going to be long retired next spring before I see UPS Freight go union.

Oh well I'll just keep leanning on Jesus Christ,he's the best representation I've had up to now,so I know I can count on him forever.

Has anyone from your terminal gone too your local APO? And has anyone sighned cards? Or had meetings?

Only two meetings,both times our local Teamsters say no cards are being offered at this time.

The last meeting was before the Indy contract was done.

We do have a really long time Teamster wannabee working on our dock who claims he has the phone numbers of union officials in Jimmy H.jr's office in DC.
If anyone will be able to get cards it will be him.

Although I did ask him a couple of weeks ago.
He said soon.
I should of asked him if he meant soon in his life time,or mine.

He's a lot younger then I am,his soon may be different then my soon?

Delays, delays, delays! The union has to clean up a few loose ends on there supplements before the card check goes into effect. It sucks, but that is the way it works. Either they will pass the supps or change the rules? More waiting.

Delays, delays, delays! The union has to clean up a few loose ends on there supplements before the card check goes into effect. It sucks, but that is the way it works. Either they will pass the supps or change the rules? More waiting.

WHO'S SUPPLEMENTS? Indy's? UPS's? WHO's said the Owl!!!

I went to the UPSer's website two days ago,and that site has a link to the contract .
I was sure it said everything was all good?

It will take the better part of december to clean up the NMA at parcel. Then the card check agreement will begin. Here at my barn will be having another meeting at the end of Dec., to discuss or wants and needs in our future contract.

UPGF, I am not doubting that it may be taken away, but there is still a slim chance, we will see the contract at our next union sitting.

Most are not interested in the 401, to be frank, I think it's foolish, but that is my opinion.

Im with you on the 401k I have been investing in the 401k for as long as I can remember, 27 years? and have almost 1/2 million dollars in it. I look forward to an early retirement. I will live comfortable with a pension and 401 after retirement. The only downfall is you cannot start withdrawing the 401 until age 59 1/2