XPO | How Ironic.....

Bigsqueez

TB Lurker
Credits
On Friday, April 11, 2008, A memo was sent out by Dave M concerning one of our accounts. Though this memo was written with the typical tyranical pressure intended to belittle our managers into compliance (how's that workin' for ya Dave?) , it also contains insults directed at the driving force of this company. DM:
QUOTE "As refelcted below. WE are in control of our destiny and results, and because we are not demonstrating discipline to our process system wide........ So, this rant goes on for a while in the regular condescending style of DM until this quote:
"My Dad always said 'If you take the King's gold, do the King's bidding' ----------Simply put, Con-way's expectation for every employee is for them to do their job in the manner prescribed and in return, Con-way will pay us......HOW IRONIC -WE EXPECT OUR CUSTOMERS TO PAY US EVEN WHEN WE DON'T DO WHAT WE SAY WE'RE GOING TO DO" Does anybody else see the irony in this statement and does it **** anyone else off as bad as me!

HEY DAVE: How ironic that Con-way keeps screwing the drivers and slowly taking everything away that was PROMISED us when we signed on with this company, then expects the drivers to continue to perform as if all is just frickin rosy...it's ok, really I'll bend over some more, cuz I really have NO MORE FEELING in my *** any way! Taking the kings gold is fine until the King starts to cut back on the number of gold pieces he once doled out, but not to mention that. No irony there? Is it just a coincidence that morale in this company is at an all time low, while the lords of Arborham [in the crystal palace (thanks DW)] are raking in more "gold" than ever?
"Ladies and Gentlemen, we need to get our heads in the game"?? Funny how when we are "winning" the coach takes all the credit, but when it looks like we are losing, YOU blame the players!
If you want to turn things around, stop looking at numbers and start looking at People, especially the hard working people of Con-way freight. We are all feeling the effects of an economy gone in the crapper! we are all paying more to travel to and from work, buy groceries and pay our even higher deductibles (thanks), and we can't charge con-way with a fuel surcharge or other accessoral fees now can we???
If you are going to continue to be a King and expect us to do your bidding, then be a "peoples King" and not a tyrant. You are a fan of and have quoted the West Point Motto "Duty, Honor, Country". I believe you have good intentions but lack the skill necessary to lead and inspire. Instead you micro-manage and intimidate to get your desired resluts and do not understand why they fall apart or do not reach fruition.

It starts at the top, with YOU Dave. It doesn't start with me, because I have no control over the controversy YOU create. If we are truly going to win at Con-way, we need leadership that can take us there. If you need to blame someone look in the mirror.

Ὀλιγαρχία

WE are in desparate need of some leaders with the vision to take this company to a future filled with growth and prosperity. In my opinion the ones in place now can't see past their wallet far enough to know they are going to drive us off a cliff,and maybe that's what they want. I see many things daily that are not efficiant and are costing us money,but they refuse to fix it. Too many bad decisions being made that are costing us a fortune. Not to mention the hard line this company has taken against it's drivers which coincidently should be pretty close to the top of the priorty list. Kinda hard to run a trucking company without drivers. My .02 rant off.:hide:

Simply put change WILL NOT come from the top. The foundation of this company, the drivers are needed for this. Strength in numbers people.

On Friday, April 11, 2008, A memo was sent out by Dave M concerning one of our accounts. Though this memo was written with the typical tyranical pressure intended to belittle our managers into compliance (how's that workin' for ya Dave?) , it also contains insults directed at the driving force of this company. DM:
QUOTE "As refelcted below. WE are in control of our destiny and results, and because we are not demonstrating discipline to our process system wide........ So, this rant goes on for a while in the regular condescending style of DM until this quote:
"My Dad always said 'If you take the King's gold, do the King's bidding' ----------Simply put, Con-way's expectation for every employee is for them to do their job in the manner prescribed and in return, Con-way will pay us......HOW IRONIC -WE EXPECT OUR CUSTOMERS TO PAY US EVEN WHEN WE DON'T DO WHAT WE SAY WE'RE GOING TO DO" Does anybody else see the irony in this statement and does it **** anyone else off as bad as me!

HEY DAVE: How ironic that Con-way keeps screwing the drivers and slowly taking everything away that was PROMISED us when we signed on with this company, then expects the drivers to continue to perform as if all is just frickin rosy...it's ok, really I'll bend over some more, cuz I really have NO MORE FEELING in my *** any way! Taking the kings gold is fine until the King starts to cut back on the number of gold pieces he once doled out, but not to mention that. No irony there? Is it just a coincidence that morale in this company is at an all time low, while the lords of Arborham [in the crystal palace (thanks DW)] are raking in more "gold" than ever?
"Ladies and Gentlemen, we need to get our heads in the game"?? Funny how when we are "winning" the coach takes all the credit, but when it looks like we are losing, YOU blame the players!
If you want to turn things around, stop looking at numbers and start looking at People, especially the hard working people of Con-way freight. We are all feeling the effects of an economy gone in the crapper! we are all paying more to travel to and from work, buy groceries and pay our even higher deductibles (thanks), and we can't charge con-way with a fuel surcharge or other accessoral fees now can we???
If you are going to continue to be a King and expect us to do your bidding, then be a "peoples King" and not a tyrant. You are a fan of and have quoted the West Point Motto "Duty, Honor, Country". I believe you have good intentions but lack the skill necessary to lead and inspire. Instead you micro-manage and intimidate to get your desired resluts and do not understand why they fall apart or do not reach fruition.

It starts at the top, with YOU Dave. It doesn't start with me, because I have no control over the controversy YOU create. If we are truly going to win at Con-way, we need leadership that can take us there. If you need to blame someone look in the mirror.

Ὀλιγαρχία

Cool, very well spoken.

Yup, wish I'd said that 'squeez.

Excellent post and certainly representative of our general state of affairs.

Oligarchy (Greek Ὀλιγαρχία, Oligarkhía) is a form of government where most or all political power effectively rests with a small segment of society (typically the most powerful, whether by wealth, family, military strength, or political influence). The word oligarchy is from the Greek words for "few" (ὀλίγον óligon) and "rule" (ἄρχω arkho). Some political theorists have argued that all governments are inevitably oligarchies no matter the supposed political system

Oligarchy (Greek Ὀλιγαρχία, Oligarkhía) is a form of government where most or all political power effectively rests with a small segment of society (typically the most powerful, whether by wealth, family, military strength, or political influence). The word oligarchy is from the Greek words for "few" (ὀλίγον óligon) and "rule" (ἄρχω arkho). Some political theorists have argued that all governments are inevitably oligarchies no matter the supposed political system
Thanks for the Info.

Ὀλιγαρχία

I had to look it up also ... it was a term I heard before but I was caought off guard cause it was posted in greek ..

Maybe my ex-wife is right..maybe i am retarded...umm, but i dont get it???
You aint a dummy .. just something new

Thanks for posting the definition loadmaster

Ὀλιγαρχία

+1 for you bigsqueez maybe someone @ the crystal palace will see it.

hey squeeze, your're a genius. Well said and I double it.

No he isnt...he is a dumb truck driver like the rest of us...if you dont believe me just ask someone in ann arbour...they will tell you who is dumb and who is not dumb...and they will not deceive or otherwise misrepresent the truth to you in any manner....

No he isnt...he is a dumb truck driver like the rest of us...if you dont believe me just ask someone in ann arbour...they will tell you who is dumb and who is not dumb...and they will not deceive or otherwise misrepresent the truth to you in any manner....

Ooh! I am from Ann Arbor! That means I get to decide if Bigsqueez is smart or not! Be afraid, be very afraid… I have called a meeting at the Crystal Palace to determine the intelligence level of Bigsqueez. I will let you know what John L. and others come up with. Your fate is in our hands. :wink1:

Ooh! I am from Ann Arbor! That means I get to decide if Bigsqueez is smart or not! Be afraid, be very afraid… I have called a meeting at the Crystal Palace to determine the intelligence level of Bigsqueez. I will let you know what John L. and others come up with. Your fate is in our hands. :wink1:

wow...Bigsqueez...it isnt my fault if they officially term you a dumb trucker or not...i merely suggested it...

After much debate at the Crystal Palace we have made a ruling on Bigsqueez, and it was not easy. Despite his admission to having no brain in another thread, the Wizard can help! By the power granted to me by the city of OZ (Ann Arbor) and by the Wizard here in the Crystal Palace, I hereby offer you this scroll (Candy bar with a ribbon on it). This will grant you wisdom (or gas) to rule your entire domain (or Truck). Way to go Bigsqueez! You are more smater now! :biglaugh:

mama alwaiz sed that life is like a box of chocolats......is the ribbon for my hair? Isn't that a pretty butterfly? Sorry I think my A.D.D. is kickin in.....who farted???