AAA Cooper | How is AAA Cooper to work for

Driver, been thinking about this one also. Top of the line equipment, with excellent run opportunities. New manager from what I hear, driver friendly that understands freight and movement.

I drove for them out of JAX Dedicated for Keefee Account. Worked for Greg Phillips. Best driving job and boss I ever had. I was told one day I would have someone riding with me from the home office. When they got the Keefee Account they put 97 Volvos on the runs. They were not sure they would make money on it. They put in after-market AC's in them, no cruise control. We head out on a 500-mile turn, He asked me how the AC. I said not good till the sun goes down. He said this old truck is hard on the ass. I said the foot too. I said I am on the pedal all night. So we get back and he said I will have brand new trucks for you guys in a few days. In a few days, we all had new air ride single axles. Now I never worked the regular line or P&D for AAA. But when I was at the Terminal the Dispatcher would always say you got any hours left? I say yes and he say want to make a few bucks running some rail. I like that cause I just switch over to AAA pay scale. I left AAA for R&L in Las Vegas if not I would still be with AAA. I never had a bad day at AAA.

I like R&L in Las Vegas. We have a good core of drivers. No real cut-throat stuff. But Company-wide I see a lot of cry babies driving for them. The company pays well I believe 31.72 in Vegas Other areas are as high as 32.99. Linehaul just got a big raise. Example A guy in St Louis Line run was 401 a day is now 488 a day. That is huge over the month. The company is not as bad as some will lead you to believe. They expect a full day's work out of you. They do a lot of residential deliveries. While another LTL was chasing freight They established the Residential deliveries. In Las Vegas, we appoint out each day near 100 bills for residentials But I would have loved to have driven for AAA the rest of my driving days. There was talk of them moving west to the west coast and Vegas was a target city. I was hoping but never happen. Some terminals at R&L have some bad drop trailer spots. Guy compliant all the time. They roll in the gate a 6 pm and then are assigned to go get a drop trailer 1.5 hours away 3-hour turn plus signing the bills so 4.0 to 4.5 hours. So I would look into that. That is a big Negative for me. Lucky our Local sales team will not accept swap trailers far away. Only near the terminal. Sorry for being long-winded. Both AAA and R&L our good companies in my opinion. Would not drive for any other LTLs.

I like R&L in Las Vegas. We have a good core of drivers. No real cut-throat stuff. But Company-wide I see a lot of cry babies driving for them. The company pays well I believe 31.72 in Vegas Other areas are as high as 32.99. Linehaul just got a big raise. Example A guy in St Louis Line run was 401 a day is now 488 a day. That is huge over the month. The company is not as bad as some will lead you to believe. They expect a full day's work out of you. They do a lot of residential deliveries. While another LTL was chasing freight They established the Residential deliveries. In Las Vegas, we appoint out each day near 100 bills for residentials But I would have loved to have driven for AAA the rest of my driving days. There was talk of them moving west to the west coast and Vegas was a target city. I was hoping but never happen. Some terminals at R&L have some bad drop trailer spots. Guy compliant all the time. They roll in the gate a 6 pm and then are assigned to go get a drop trailer 1.5 hours away 3-hour turn plus signing the bills so 4.0 to 4.5 hours. So I would look into that. That is a big Negative for me. Lucky our Local sales team will not accept swap trailers far away. Only near the terminal. Sorry for being long-winded. Both AAA and R&L our good companies in my opinion. Would not drive for any other LTLs.
Out of curiosity, have you ever driven for any others?

Out of curiosity, have you ever driven for any others?
Yeah, Preston 151, Associated Transport, Commerical Carriers as a Yard driver at the Budweiser plant. Consolidated Freight up till the end. After the Bud Job, I got on with Cooper. All those other companies are gone. And when Laid-off I would work out of the Union hall that was back in Philly in the mid 70s