SEFL | How is SE Freight to work for???

Actually at the moment I am in Lubbock. I am trying to get to Dallas/Ft Worth,but since we are pretty much on lockdown for transfers and even hiring,I am looking outside the company.

I am not really happy where I am at ,location,or job situation. I am 3rd xtra board and have been averaging like 2-3 days a week....not good.

Those surveys are so tedious..some college nerd had to develop those things..lol...I took one for Pepsi a while back,and FAILED it! LOL I couldn't believe it...I worked for Coke and never had to do that crap...a lot has changed in the last 10 years I suppose.

Hotrodder...I welcome any suggestions you may have man...I cannot seem to get a straight answer or any help from the receptionist at Southeastern...she tells me they (Rick and Mike) do not accept calls about jobs...I tried to explain to her that I only wanted to let them know I wanted to relocate from Lubbock,and was wondering if all positions were filled.
What the customer service reps tell you is correct. Any application or inquiry regarding a position at Southeastern goes thru the application process. Terminals do not do the hiring directly. They go thru human resource's in that district. In my opinion your best bet is to go online and fill out a online application for the region of your intent. Or, do I not understand your post? Are you a current SEFL employee looking to transfer , or a walk in from the street?

Or, do I not understand your post? Are you a current SEFL employee looking to transfer , or a walk in from the street?[/QUOTE]

I am applying from off the street. I work for Fed Freight right now. So they will be hiring in April?? I guess that explains why it has been almost 2 weeks and haven't heard anything...

Hey fedexman1000, I've been with SEFL for 3 yrs this week, and I'm very happy and lucky to be working here. When I was hired I had absolutely no experience driving a tractor trailer and I didn't have a cdl. The only experience I had was driving a straight truck for a while. I got word of there training program to help train drivers to get their CDL so I applied for it. I started off part-time on the dock in the evening, and worked my up. All the training was company paid and they even paid for my road test, license and hazmat test/fingerprints and Dot card everything!!! Your right, it is very hard to get in, but with persistence and hard work, you can be hired if you want it bad enough. Another cool thing with SEFL, on occasion they ask for volunteers to help out other service centers. I went to Dallas TX for 2 weeks and SEFL paid for everything. Food, entertainment, hotel rental car etc...I know for a fact that the western region of our company is growing extremely fast right now.

The best advise I have for you is get in touch with a service center in your area and ask who is the safety manager. That person will be a key to you getting in. Keep calling and write a letter to him if you want.

SEFL is a great company to work for, but its the only freight company i've ever worked for. One thing is we work hard, they are very strict, and you must pull your load. And remember you will be rewarded with your hardwork. We do take days off, but I get at least 40 hrs a week and that's all I want right now

I remember I almost took a job with Roadway near my house and If I did, I would be jobless right now...

safety guy huh? I can try that,I figured they would look at my driving history and wanna hire me right away...9 years accident free. I am hopeful anyways...

very interesting Puddles...Fedex could take some lessons from SEFL....ooo that's right ,we USED to be a family owned business(American Frieghtways) until BIG BUSINESS got the better of us...I remember those days of how you were actually a person....can you feel the frustration?..lol

I hear you. Yeah, I can remember the Arkansas Freight days. Worked for Overnite 17 years when Harwood had it, good place to be. Then Corp America Union Pacific took it & downhill it went. They brought in slick suits from other industries & ruined a good company. Hang in there, think FedEx is a good overall company & a survivor with all this.

it's hard to get hired @ s/e from out the st.

I called the Dallas service center and they wouldn't tell me if they still were hiring. I asked to speak to their hiring manager and she told me they weren't accepting calls about jobs,I was like...ummm ok. So I dunno if they are even still hiring or not....

Fedexman call the houston terminal and ask for ernie. ask if they are hireing. good luck. The Troublemaker