Holland | How long do we have

Northern Flash, I guess this happens at every terminal. I just wonder. Do you blame management. Or should we blame our teamster brothers. We have guys that run around trying to climb up managers butts and then they will come and talk to us like they are on our side. It does no good to say anything to them. We just make fun of them after they walk away. I guess they think you are blind.
YOU CANT PLAY ON BOTH SIDES.

that's one thing i never understood.... why is there even sides...
why is it management vs drivers all the time?

if you look at it as one big team with drivers, office ppl and management and just do your job, mabye the business operation can function better.

this ain't none of my business but if holland was moving freight through other usf companys that are either gone or downsized wouldnt that mean less freight in the system.a system that wasnt working.holland kicks butt with next day from what we've all read that's what your getting back 2.you know for a fact yellow roadway cant move next day freight like you guys.

If you read on yellows board they just keep calling guys back. Ours keep going to the unemployment line. If freight is as slow as they say why is yellow calling guys back. Dont get me wrong I'm glad to hear anybody getting called back they are my union brothers, but it dose make you wonder what they are up to.

YRC Worldwide CEO to Present at JPMorgan Conference
OVERLAND PARK, Kan., March 13, 2008 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX News Network/ -- Bill Zollars, Chairman, President and CEO of YRC Worldwide Inc. (Nasdaq: YRCW), will deliver a company presentation at the JPMorgan Aviation & Transportation Conference on Wednesday, March 19, 2008, at 11:15am ET. The conference will be held at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel, 301 Park Avenue, New York, New York.

The presentation will be available to listeners through a live webcast via the YRC Worldwide Internet site yrcw.com . A replay of the webcast will be available for 90 days.

YRC Worldwide Inc., a Fortune 500 company and one of the largest transportation service providers in the world, is the holding company for a portfolio of successful brands including Yellow Transportation, Roadway, Reimer Express, YRC Logistics, New Penn, USF Holland, USF Reddaway, and USF Glen Moore. The enterprise provides global transportation services, transportation management solutions and logistics management. The portfolio of brands represents a comprehensive array of services for the shipment of industrial, commercial and retail goods domestically and internationally. Headquartered in Overland Park, Kansas, YRC Worldwide employs approximately 60,000 people.

SOURCE: YRC Worldwide Inc.

YRC Worldwide

I dont know why they are they are stay at the WALDORF ASTORIA HOTEL I think the hotel in Holland MI has plenty of room after all its good enough for us!!!!

I think the problem was that they way over hired people in areas where they didnt generate enough freight to support them.Unfortunattley now with things being slow they are just realining the workers to match the amount of freight they generate in those terminals

Now that it's getting busy why are they still laying off more people, they cant fire us so they lay us off. I dont know what to do I dont know that I will ever be called back.:TR10driving03:

My opinion on this, as explained by our Tm, downsizing or shrinking this company back to a profitability will be painful. The thoughts going through the heads of our laid-off men is their exact intention. Enough frt is still in our system to keep this weekly lay off thing they've got going. Their betting on a large amount of people quitting so the $14.00 an hour casual will be used. You asked, what do I do? I myself have 20 yrs with Holland and have seen the good old days. So I'll stay and hope to get through this. But if I were a newbie, I would jump at my first dissent opportunity. GRIZZ

AS long as you are on the list you dont have to do anything and dont let them try and push you out . till you get a letter of recall with a bid starting time for atleast 1 weeks worth of work.then they can force you to resign.

AS long as you are on the list you dont have to do anything and dont let them try and push you out . till you get a letter of recall with a bid starting time for atleast 1 weeks worth of work.then they can force you to resign.

I know that a few of the layed off guys in Atlanta have been asked by companies that are going to hire them for a letter from Holland showing you RESIGNED and will not be called back. Companies are no longer wanting you to jump ship as soon as your old company calls, leaving them short handed.

My opinion on this, as explained by our Tm, downsizing or shrinking this company back to a profitability will be painful. The thoughts going through the heads of our laid-off men is their exact intention. Enough frt is still in our system to keep this weekly lay off thing they've got going. Their betting on a large amount of people quitting so the $14.00 an hour casual will be used. You asked, what do I do? I myself have 20 yrs with Holland and have seen the good old days. So I'll stay and hope to get through this. But if I were a newbie, I would jump at my first dissent opportunity. GRIZZ

You say this, but I know what to do, even though I said I didnt. By the time I get to TOP PAY which will be in 1 year from now at $23.18 an hour. If you would jump ship where would you go making this kind of money doing what we do getting to TOP PAY in just 2years for me but 3 years now for new hires? Then I will jump ship.:1036316054:

I've been trying to jump ship , but jan,feb,and march is just a hard time of year to find a job in the LTL business. I hated to have to leave a good company but I don't like gambleing with money I don't have . We had 10 more city guys laid off in NA this week and it doesn't look like were comeing back anytime soon . I also would have been toped out in less than a year . Most of the Major ltl lines are paying 20 -22 hr (city p+d) some have good 401k's ok vac. and sick days. Yes, we'll start over again @ 17.90 - 19.00 hr but where else can we make that kind of money.(legally) I waiting on my background check to come back and maybe I'll be working again(rd test and drug screen done). Some companys that I have applied at also said they would want a resignation letter . Good luck to all of you drivers hunting for a job and for the ones who don't know that there going to have to be hunting ,good luck.

How long do you guys think we have. I say some of us may have a year. Alot of us will be laid off before they shut the doors completly.
I certainly hope I am wrong. But, Its not looking good.

people for get how bad things get when the hole country is do bad if things were better no one would be saying how much longer we got but man i need some time off

you know if everybody was too stay at home and dont drive your car or bike for 2 weeks and get everybody to do the same you see this country change it ways on what it can do and not do they need us we dont need them if it ait for us this country cant work

How long do you guys think we have. I say some of us may have a year. A lot of us will be laid off before they shut the doors completely.
I certainly hope I am wrong. But, Its not looking good.

You know before they closed the doors down here in SA TX. with USF REDDAWAY we started to see yellow take are big accts. and So did Roadway. Then Line drivers in Dallas started talking about it to. That it was going on there to then Hou. drivers said the samething. Then they started getting rid of are sales people. Then lay offs left and right. Mean while the terminal manger kipped on saying that everything is going to be all right. That we were not closing down. Then 2 weeks later BAM. Now we have no jobs. Just keep your ears open my brothers and sisters. Don't always believe what your terminal manger says. Just look at what is going on. With lay offs. and people being let go in the office things like that will tell you whats going on.