ABF | How long for a hair test to come back?

Gideon129

TB Lurker
Credits
I went to the Carlisle barn for their open house, interviewed, pee tested, physical, and hair test on 6/22.
I called the recruiter Friday 7/2 and he said they are still waiting on my hair test to come back.
I never had a hair test before, how long do they normally take?

I went to the Carlisle barn for their open house, interviewed, pee tested, physical, and hair test on 6/22.
I called the recruiter Friday 7/2 and he said they are still waiting on my hair test to come back.
Never heard of them doing hair tests, I can only guess they don’t want to hire anyone at all….

Apparently a negative hair test is 24 hours and done.

Positive tests must undergo a second round which takes up to 72 hours.

Keep in mind whatever you put into your body eventually goes to your hair and is stored there going back months.

Were in the process of hiring 2 I will ask them if they had a hair test or it may be just certain locations….

1. So. if you had a bad kidney stone attack 90 days before testing, & they used morphine and fentanyl to control your out of control pain, would that show up? 2. If so would you be hired once you explained? 3. Would the positive test preclude you from ever getting a job with your CDL? 4. Would the test have to be reported to a national data base clearinghouse as positive? von.

1. So. if you had a bad kidney stone attack 90 days before testing, & they used morphine and fentanyl to control your out of control pain, would that show up? 2. If so would you be hired once you explained? 3. Would the positive test preclude you from ever getting a job with your CDL? 4. Would the test have to be reported to a national data base clearinghouse as positive? von.
If you fail the hair drug test they cannot report it. It’s Abf choice to do the extra step and do a hair test but they can’t report a failed hair test.

In hair yes.

HOWEVER having records on documents and from your medical providers specifically related to that drug use event as medically prescribed is to be given to the MRO and your Prescription Monitoring Board's Database which itself is a living document that follows EVERYONE who is alive and with a Pulse in America who is prescribed even one dose of anything in the DEA schedule list.

Normally morphine and fent will not be used together. Morphine depresses breathing against your body weight for Opoid Native persons its 10mg/24 hours. For Opiod Tolerant is about 20mg hour with only so much per KG of your body weight being max dose possible every 24.

Fent is a much stronger and dangerous animal. It will absolutely kill you if the dose is beyond a very small amount. I myself cannot use Fent because I will react to it and have already had my breathing center in the brain stem taken off line once already. What they had to do is shove a tube and add IV medicine that destroys narcotics to get it stopped. It was a near thing.

The thing with Narcotics and CDL, Schedule two etc (Pain medicine etc) you are out of service anyway until a certain number of hours has passed since your last prescribed dose. For example ER throws a IV morphine for 7 hours and resolves your problem and discharges you to home. With oh 15 doses of hydrocodone 5mg/3x daily. After the 15th dose, you are still out of service for about 50 hours. (7 times your half life of the last dose taken in your body, so 7 times 4 to 8 hours is about 50 hours.)

Then you will need a release to return to work after I think the 6th day. Or 4 days past your last dose of any pain meds to return to work. It will be out of your system by then.

A bigger problem is your kidney function as expressed in your example given.

I actually have a surgery pending very soon. I always without fail when healed from it go to the hospital's admin office and pull all existing medical records on me