ABF | How long for a hair test to come back?

Thanks man, you got any advice or care to share any details with your experience?
The new Tm came after I retired, but I did work with him while I was running UE out in Carlisle. He's the type of guy ,If you're doing your job, he will just let you go. With the exception of anyone hired after I left, everyone of the guys will help, and are real Teamsters. they will have your back and not steer you wrong. Talked to one of the guys just last week, he said they were so short handed , they were paying double time on Sundays to move trailers to customers where they drop loaded and pick up Empties.

The new Tm came after I retired, but I did work with him while I was running UE out in Carlisle. He's the type of guy ,If you're doing your job, he will just let you go. With the exception of anyone hired after I left, everyone of the guys will help, and are real Teamsters. they will have your back and not steer you wrong. Talked to one of the guys just last week, he said they were so short handed , they were paying double time on Sundays to move trailers to customers where they drop loaded and pick up Empties.
We’re paying double time to work inbound, sometimes 2 people. Today was a joke only had 7 guys out of 17…. 7 on comp. one hurt himself Friday & was off today & 2 guys on vacation. 4 guys have been off well over a year & are not returning, we should have been hiring for the last 8 months but as usual they drag their feet. We now have 2 guys on deck with 15+ years ltl experience & were waiting forever on the drug test results, get your act together and speed this up! Your offering huge sign on bonuses because your desperate for drivers/dockworkers but it’s still the same old ABF way….

Thank you for your input. The TM seems like a really nice guy. I wasn’t sure about doing p&d city driving to start my driving career but he killed me with kindness. He told me he still needs 3 more drivers after me. At this point I can’t even get the Fort to send me for drug testing. Looks like this is going to take forever.

Apparently a negative hair test is 24 hours and done.

Positive tests must undergo a second round which takes up to 72 hours.

Keep in mind whatever you put into your body eventually goes to your hair and is stored there going back months.

I went to the Carlisle barn for their open house, interviewed, pee tested, physical, and hair test on 6/22.
I called the recruiter Friday 7/2 and he said they are still waiting on my hair test to come back.
I never had a hair test before, how long do they normally take?
Don't they need to do a background and MVR check also?

Thank you for your input. The TM seems like a really nice guy. I wasn’t sure about doing p&d city driving to start my driving career but he killed me with kindness. He told me he still needs 3 more drivers after me. At this point I can’t even get the Fort to send me for drug testing. Looks like this is going to take forever.
P&D does take a little getting used to, but you'll need to talk to other P&D guys. I went to working overnights running UE about the time they started using the Nextel phones for deliveries and pick-up assignments. So I never received any training on using the new PDA's , and what ever they are using now. Every now and then, when they were behind, they would send me to drop a loaded trailer and they had to print up paper, so I could do it old school.

He's a nice guy alright, they are all nice when they hire you,

We’re paying double time to work inbound, sometimes 2 people. Today was a joke only had 7 guys out of 17…. 7 on comp. one hurt himself Friday & was off today & 2 guys on vacation. 4 guys have been off well over a year & are not returning, we should have been hiring for the last 8 months but as usual they drag their feet. We now have 2 guys on deck with 15+ years ltl experience & were waiting forever on the drug test results, get your act together and speed this up! Your offering huge sign on bonuses because your desperate for drivers/dockworkers but it’s still the same old ABF way….
Road tests Thursday, imagine that….

Don't they need to do a background and MVR check also?
For a cdl job yes, non cdl dock probably only background.
I had the interview,got a job Offer, physical, drug screens the same day.
The next day I got a email with links and login info for their hr site that had to be electronicly signed for them to do mvr and background checks.

Almost exactly one month from the day I had my interview, drug test, and physical they called me for a road test this Wednesday.

She said they are emplimenting a new hr system, and are extremely backlogged on processing applications nationwide.

Almost exactly one month from the day I had my interview, drug test, and physical they called me for a road test this Wednesday.

She said they are emplimenting a new hr system, and are extremely backlogged on processing applications nationwide.
That sounds true about the system, because our employee portal and paycheck stub format have also changed. Good Luck on the road test Sir....

Its not proper for a company to control your Medical Card.

Don't let yours expire whatever you do. If you must pay for one of your own to keep.