FedEx Freight | How long till the axe swings?

Lately on time?!?!?
Good grief, Charlie Brown.
And what about the crushed/stacked pallets, cartons missing, torn shrinkwrap, cardboard soaking wet from oil/water, etc.
It's a crying shame what this company does to the customer's freight.

You Should Change Your Name to GOLD CHAINS JR

There is so much B.S. on this string, I had to roll up my pant legs to get to the end! All you drivers that are smarter than Fred, why would he pay 750 million when he could have just expanded Freight? The "National" thing was dependant on YRC going under? National was bought a few years before YRC was in trouble. And as for the amount of freight damage, do you really think that Freight drivers have golden hands, and they have no damaged freight?

I guess if Fred was so smart he would have known it would take YEARS for YRC to go under. I think he's off a few on that one

It amazes me, every time I open this. Wow, how inferior National is to Freight. Freight drivers don't or didn't cost Fred 1 single penny! Freight drivers don't have accidents. Freight drivers don't get tickets. Freight drivers don't get hurt. Freight drivers don't damage product. Freight drivers don't lose customers. Freight drivers are never late, lazy, careless, rude, reckless, speeders, dangerous, and they never wreck, Mame, or kill. Oh my God, they are perfect, no wait, I forgot, they always made/make the company money. So why did Fred[the owner] buy Watkins? We must be perfect, TOOOOOOOO

It amazes me, every time I open this. Wow, how inferior National is to Freight. Freight drivers don't or didn't cost Fred 1 single penny! Freight drivers don't have accidents. Freight drivers don't get tickets. Freight drivers don't get hurt. Freight drivers don't damage product. Freight drivers don't lose customers. Freight drivers are never late, lazy, careless, rude, reckless, speeders, dangerous, and they never wreck, Mame, or kill. Oh my God, they are perfect, no wait, I forgot, they always made/make the company money. So why did Fred[the owner] buy Watkins? We must be perfect, TOOOOOOOO
I wouldn't say that, I've worked at both (hubs) and natl drivers as a whole are a hell of lot better drivers. Ofcourse, they don't have guys getting cdl's from the dock yet.

And they are also big about making sure that you take your lunch BEFORE the start of your 5th hour OR you get written up for it.... :hissyfit:

page 11 in employee handbook "The meal period is expected to be taken between the third and sixth hour of a workday, except that for drivers domiciled in Illinois and Kentucky, the meal period is expected to begin by the fifth hour worked"

Thats right. We just signed for a letter saying that we have to start between the 3 and 5.75hr or your written up. But if we are going to follow the hand book, then lets follow all of it. Not just bits and pieces.

Thats right. We just signed for a letter saying that we have to start between the 3 and 5.75hr or your written up. But if we are going to follow the hand book, then lets follow all of it. Not just bits and pieces.
yeah, that call block in the manual would be nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
The same thing happens over here at Freight. Part-time dock to part-time supervisor to full-time supervisor.

First, I do not believe you have to be a driver, mechanic, or have a CDL to manage, communicate, and accomplish goals in moving freight.

W/ respect to the lunch hours issue, I fully agree that the micromanagement and "big brother" government dictating when lunches should be taken is silly.