FedEx Freight | How many applications or are you leaving ?

How many applications do you have out there or are you just leaving ?

• 1 application

• 2 application

• 3 application

• 4 application

• 5 I'm just leaving , done with it all .

Results are only viewable after voting.
Come on man. The whole manager vs. driver/us vs. them shtick is weak tea. It’s counter productive and is much better suited for the knuckle dragging sheeple over at YRC. What ever happened to nuanced thought and critical thinking? Surely you can come up with something deeper than manager bad, manager stupid, ooh-ooh ah-ah. - Sincerely, A Wannabe Manager.

Nobody said any of those things and I think truckingBORED's response was a solid response. You're logic is that people shouldn't seek employment else where because "what if". That argument is the weakest there is.

This is when you should test the market and get what is most valuable to you be it health insurance, money or time off. Different strokes for different folks. Instead of management taking notice and becoming more competitive in the compensation package and communication, the response is always "we wish you the best blah blah blah". The problem with that is that at a time when FedEx is desperate, because they are, the response isn't too make things better, it's don't leave because "what if".

Text my TM that and the the a-holes that work with him .
It's all about retaliation and how to kill the people that
don't crawl under your desk while you are having coffee .

Don't tell me s***e , that's the way we do things . A smile
on a face and a knife in the back .

SMOKE , out...

Last edited:
Nobody said any of those things and I think truckingBORED's response was a solid response. You're logic is that people shouldn't seek employment else where because "what if". That argument is the weakest there is.

This is when you should test the market and get what is most valuable to you be it health insurance, money or time off. Different strokes for different folks. Instead of management taking notice and becoming more competitive in the compensation package and communication, the response is always "we wish you the best blah blah blah". The problem with that is that at a time when FedEx is desperate, because they are, the response isn't too make things better, it's don't leave because "what if".
Touché. I respect your main point. We are all here to put food on the table. There is no doubt the company has not been responsive in keeping up with the competition. My opinion, the money will come in October. The economy will slow down sooner than later and those that gut it out will be in a better position than those that leave. If those things don’t come to fruition, this wannabe manager will be Oscar Mike along with the rest of you.

I've put in a few applications. Some call, some don't. I've applied to and had conversations with Sysco, US Foods and Pepsi.

Sysco seemed like the most standup company, but the commute was a little over an hour. Can't do it.

US Foods required constant layovers, they have the same 401K match we have here and they said they'd get back to me on the medical. They told me I'd average 100K a year (they broke it down for me, but I forgot) and offered a 10K sign on bonus. Can't/won't do layovers and it felt like compensation/benefits/retirement would be the same as FedEx with more work and being away from home.

Pepsi is on a 4/10 schedule with the option to work 5 and 6 with 6 being double time. No 401k match, but there is a pension. The pension pays out the average amount when you combine your 5 highest grossing years. Their insurance is top notch. The cheapest plan is our 80/20, additional spouse 100 a month. It costs 50 a week and covers everything from physicals to in vitro fertilization (up to 35k and up to two times over the course of the plan. The most expensive plan had a breakdown of copays and that is what you paid. No deductibles. This cost about 170 a month for my family of 3. The pay is what killed it for me. 23/hr and in 5 years they'd hit 26. It's too low for risk I'm taking (pulling into small gas stations during lunch) and the beating my body would take. And their equipment is trash. Think our L units, but internationals and filthy. They were all filthy and falling apart.
Trust me!!!! You will work for that 100k too!!! All 3 of those companies you mentioned don’t mind taking your BACK either. You will fingerprint everything you see!!!

Touché. I respect your main point. We are all here to put food on the table. There is no doubt the company has not been responsive in keeping up with the competition. My opinion, the money will come in October. The economy will slow down sooner than later and those that gut it out will be in a better position than those that leave. If those things don’t come to fruition, this wannabe manager will be Oscar Mike along with the rest of you.

I think I have heard that same song and dance about 6 1/2 years ago. The only way we are going to believe you is if we get steak cookouts and a slushy machine for the break room.
:scratchhead::biglaugh:

Trust me!!!! You will work for that 100k too!!! All 3 of those companies you mentioned don’t mind taking your BACK either. You will fingerprint everything you see!!!
What he said. You might want to think long and hard about taking a job in a foodservice company. Guiding a heavily loaded 2-wheeler repeatedly through snow, rain, heat etc..down narrow flights of stairs down to the cramped basement where the store room is, then stacking their stuff where they want it, over multiple stops all day sounds like jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

Exactly , all foodservice will kill you , stay away .
Sysco , U.S. Foods , ect , you will be sorry they
are a sea of a-holes . Yoh got to trust me I got/had
friends that did it for 10 years . They no longer
stand straight and all have shoulder , back , knees
and junk hips . Worse than our guys .

Air Products that is 45 minutes away from me has few openings for cryogenics tanker driver. $90k to start plus $10k sign on bonus. On top of that they get safety bonuses every few months.

Home daily and they don't have to deal with customers. No pallet jack or liftgate. Drop the load and go to the the next stop....

Only downside is that they operate 7 days a week including holidays.

Many opportunities out there, but starting all over again and being the low man sucks.

Air Products that is 45 minutes away from me has few openings for cryogenics tanker driver. $90k to start plus $10k sign on bonus. On top of that they get safety bonuses every few months.

Home daily and they don't have to deal with customers. No pallet jack or liftgate. Drop the load and go to the the next stop....

Only downside is that they operate 7 days a week including holidays.

Many opportunities out there, but starting all over again and being the low man sucks.

Got a buddie that does that , oxygen is his gig.
He LOVES IT ! Hs is not a broken down a LTL driver .
And ohhhh , nice truck that he has too !
You never worked a holiday , big deal he's paid well for it ?

Got a buddie that does that , oxygen is his gig.
He LOVES IT ! Hs is not a broken down a LTL driver .
And ohhhh , nice truck that he has too !
You never worked a holiday , big deal he's paid well for it ?

I think they get $375 just for showing up to work on a holiday. I don't mind working on the holiday, but after a while it gets old when your whole family is at home and you have to be at work that day. I guess this job got me spoiled... I'm off on most weekends and all major holidays too.

I've put in a few applications. Some call, some don't. I've applied to and had conversations with Sysco, US Foods and Pepsi.

Sysco seemed like the most standup company, but the commute was a little over an hour. Can't do it.

US Foods required constant layovers, they have the same 401K match we have here and they said they'd get back to me on the medical. They told me I'd average 100K a year (they broke it down for me, but I forgot) and offered a 10K sign on bonus. Can't/won't do layovers and it felt like compensation/benefits/retirement would be the same as FedEx with more work and being away from home.

Pepsi is on a 4/10 schedule with the option to work 5 and 6 with 6 being double time. No 401k match, but there is a pension. The pension pays out the average amount when you combine your 5 highest grossing years. Their insurance is top notch. The cheapest plan is our 80/20, additional spouse 100 a month. It costs 50 a week and covers everything from physicals to in vitro fertilization (up to 35k and up to two times over the course of the plan. The most expensive plan had a breakdown of copays and that is what you paid. No deductibles. This cost about 170 a month for my family of 3. The pay is what killed it for me. 23/hr and in 5 years they'd hit 26. It's too low for risk I'm taking (pulling into small gas stations during lunch) and the beating my body would take. And their equipment is trash. Think our L units, but internationals and filthy. They were all filthy and falling apart.
Dude, food service sucks. You'll make good money
16 yrs left to full retirement age. Those 16 at ups would have a better pension than 40 yrs at fxf.
Ya, enjoying it from your adjustable bed from your in-home nurse.