FedEx Freight | How many applications or are you leaving ?

How many applications do you have out there or are you just leaving ?

• 1 application

• 2 application

• 3 application

• 4 application

• 5 I'm just leaving , done with it all .

Results are only viewable after voting.

SMOKESTACK

Survival my only hope , success my only option.
Administrator
Credits
1 application
2 application
3 application
4 application
5 I'm just leaving , done with it all .

I'm just waiting on the gpd change.

John Goodman Lol GIF by Roseanne

I've put in a few applications. Some call, some don't. I've applied to and had conversations with Sysco, US Foods and Pepsi.

Sysco seemed like the most standup company, but the commute was a little over an hour. Can't do it.

US Foods required constant layovers, they have the same 401K match we have here and they said they'd get back to me on the medical. They told me I'd average 100K a year (they broke it down for me, but I forgot) and offered a 10K sign on bonus. Can't/won't do layovers and it felt like compensation/benefits/retirement would be the same as FedEx with more work and being away from home.

Pepsi is on a 4/10 schedule with the option to work 5 and 6 with 6 being double time. No 401k match, but there is a pension. The pension pays out the average amount when you combine your 5 highest grossing years. Their insurance is top notch. The cheapest plan is our 80/20, additional spouse 100 a month. It costs 50 a week and covers everything from physicals to in vitro fertilization (up to 35k and up to two times over the course of the plan. The most expensive plan had a breakdown of copays and that is what you paid. No deductibles. This cost about 170 a month for my family of 3. The pay is what killed it for me. 23/hr and in 5 years they'd hit 26. It's too low for risk I'm taking (pulling into small gas stations during lunch) and the beating my body would take. And their equipment is trash. Think our L units, but internationals and filthy. They were all filthy and falling apart.

3 smoke.
1) UPS Feeder. Had my first interview and was basically hired but have to wait for 2nd interview with someone else for whatever reason

2) Estes. Linehaul driver.

3) OD. Linehaul driver. Offering top scale to sign on and benefits are awesome. Terminal manager said just stop in during the week to talk. I have a doctor appointment coming up and plan to go that day after my appointment.

this is all after 20 years of spotless service here but i just can’t afford to be a FDXF employee anymore and I’m done with the bullshit

3 smoke.
1) UPS Feeder. Had my first interview and was basically hired but have to wait for 2nd interview with someone else for whatever reason

2) Estes. Linehaul driver.

3) OD. Linehaul driver. Offering top scale to sign on and benefits are awesome. Terminal manager said just stop in during the week to talk. I have a doctor appointment coming up and plan to go that day after my appointment.

this is all after 20 years of spotless service here but i just can’t afford to be a FDXF employee anymore and I’m done with the ********
25+ yrs and feel the same.

I believe that John Smith rose from Fleet Maintenance to CEO of FedEx Freight by whispering sweet nothings into the Chairman’s ear about the wonders of platooning and autonomy.

He, the ATA, and the equipment manufacturers were pushing a short term vision of replacing drivers with tech.

There was no long term strategy to acquire and attain talent that this company undervalues. (I’ll never forget the video that stated “drivers were costing them more than clerical and terminal support positions, combined”).

Unfortunately, the only catalyst that I have for change is walking away. Maybe the job will improve for the young guys when those with tenure hand in their keys.

By October, less desirable positions will be available.
I'd say, if you're going to bail, do it ASAP while the market is still hot.
And you might be right. Conversely, you jump ship and make that extra cash while it’s “hot”. But then things start to go the other way and you are sitting at the bottom of the board. Meanwhile, the guy that was below you is now making more than you and has enough seniority to avoid being laid off. Might be worth considering. Stay safe out there.

And you might be right. Conversely, you jump ship and make that extra cash while it’s “hot”. But then things start to go the other way and you are sitting at the bottom of the board. Meanwhile, the guy that was below you is now making more than you and has enough seniority to avoid being laid off. Might be worth considering. Stay safe out there.
Fear, greed, jealousy, envy. All the favorite managerial tactics.

Come on man. The whole manager vs. driver/us vs. them shtick is weak tea. It’s counter productive and is much better suited for the knuckle dragging sheeple over at YRC. What ever happened to nuanced thought and critical thinking? Surely you can come up with something deeper than manager bad, manager stupid, ooh-ooh ah-ah. - Sincerely, A Wannabe Manager.