FedEx Freight | How Many Centers With No DEF? (2 threads merged here)

I went to Dunkin donuts this morning and they have plenty of donuts, but if you go after 5 PM it's leftovers and they're not very good. True story.

Actually, they're not very good in the morning either. Nevermind.
I’m lucky to have an exceptional local donut place on the way home. Do my best to support local owned business. Not a dig, just sayin

I’m lucky to have an exceptional local donut place on the way home. Do my best to support local owned business. Not a dig, just sayin

Dunkin is partly a local business. It's owned by a franchisee and there's nothing here but franchises. It helps because it curbs the eating out.

This is part of the push for electric trucks.

That's not feasible. First, the battery in a Tesla ways 1200 LBS and that's just to pull 4K pounds for 3 or 4 hours. How big does it have to be to pull 80k? Does the weight of the battery affect how much weight you can pull? I'd assume it does. Then you have range issues. We slip seat a lot. How much time does a battery that size need to charge? Will it have the capability to do more than 600 miles for those long runs? Where are the OTR guys going to charge up? They can barely get parking now. Wear are the techs that work on this new technology going to come from?

And that's just off the top of my head. I haven't really thought about it.

That's not feasible. First, the battery in a Tesla ways 1200 LBS and that's just to pull 4K pounds for 3 or 4 hours. How big does it have to be to pull 80k? Does the weight of the battery affect how much weight you can pull? I'd assume it does. Then you have range issues. We slip seat a lot. How much time does a battery that size need to charge? Will it have the capability to do more than 600 miles for those long runs? Where are the OTR guys going to charge up? They can barely get parking now. Wear are the techs that work on this new technology going to come from?

And that's just off the top of my head. I haven't really thought about it.
Positive side of electric trucks is no more slip seats! Gotta charge sometime lol.

This is part of the push for electric trucks.
Anyone take note of the state of California telling owners of electric vehicles something to the effect of not charging your vehicle everyday because of the strain it puts on the grid? Or how about these commercials I'm seeing on national TV during the football games that repeat at some point, " don't ever leave the house". I'm presently adjusting my tin foil but wth!!

In Dallas we have not had any DEF since Tuesday (11-7). Our leadership acts lke Tommy, deaf dumb and blind. They won't put out a notice on the hand held or tablet and tell everyone to stop and buy it. All we get well it is on order.
We always have def….now wether it always works or not is a totally different story. I mean we have drivers that resemble our def tank and no one cares so good luck getting it with def