How many did the TDC this year??

BillyLo

Service 2.0 OD Strong All Time Mastio Champion
Credits
Don't hear too much chatter about Truck Driving Roadeos around here so thought I'd ask how ya'll did??? Who's going to Pittsburg?

Don't hear too much chatter about Truck Driving Roadeos around here so thought I'd ask how ya'll did??? Who's going to Pittsburg?

i have never been interested in competing for a roadeo, nor have had any desire to watch such a thing on my off time.

since i basically competed each and every stinking night, on the road, that's enough for me.

i'll let the ones that think they have something to prove, just so he (or she) can get the nice parking spot next to the building for a week.

i park next to the driveway, for a faster getaway.....

truck driving championship?
That is entertaining?
There is enough "rodeo action" on these highways.

Do the rodeo trucks do wheelies?
Will they smoke their tires and drink bad Oil?

I do the T.D.C. every month since I have a Truck Driving Commitment.

Totally Delightful Charm

Sounds like the words of previous competitions gone bad :D

no, sounds more like, many of us do not wish to continue living our lives for our jobs, when we have off time.

to those that participate, good for them, i wish them all the very best in thier quest to be an award winning roadeo competitor.

but when i would climb out of my truck at the end of my shift, or at the end of my day as an OTR driver, i wished NOT to even want to see my truck again till it was time to drive again.

to be "tethered" to my job, via any more involvement after my day is done, amounts to being a person with no interests, or no life.

i live my life for me, and enjoy every precious minute of it that i have.

when i was OTR (or LONG HAUL as it was really known as, and should revert BACK to that description)...but no the industry has to appease the dumbass newbies that cannot even wipe thier asses after taking a shyte, to make it "look like" OTR is MUCH better than LONG HAUL.

when doing long haul never once did i take the time to stop by any truck show at any truck stop. never once went to any chrome shop either.

the only "sport" i like is football, and a team i like is the N.E. Patriots, and i try to watch every game.....i try...

but when something MORE important like life's little pleasures pops up, i could give a flip about the Patriots, as i am not living my life for them either.

Truck shows were fun for me. I got to see the new innovations coming down the line. I also made some friends there that I still keep in touch with. The show and shines always had the cream of the crop of trucks and drivers. Guys and gals that really took pride in their equipment and making the industry look good.

Guardrail

The show and shines always had the cream of the crop of trucks and drivers. Guys and gals that really took pride in their equipment and making the industry look good.
Guardrail

and as such, i will respect thier time and commitment for doing so, and when they win, they earned it. too bad someone has to lose. but in the end, they are all winners, as they also help to put a good image out there for all of us.

Too bad somebody has to lose? That kind of thinking is why America is in the ****ter. If no one loses, what incentive is there to improve?

Guardrail

Too bad somebody has to lose? That kind of thinking is why America is in the ****ter. If no one loses, what incentive is there to improve?

Guardrail

Very true!! I didn't win this year, mostly because the judges were jealous of my good looks and know how good of a driver I am! But next year with some practice I'm gonna show them!!!!!!

Sure. You'll knock them over, but you'll pick em back up with the valve stem from the other tires. :)
You're a legend Billy!! :notworthy:

I get that a lot!!! Shoulda seen all the women's panties girls are throwing at my truck! WOW, here comes Golden Pallet Jack they say!!

I get that a lot!!! Shoulda seen all the women's panties girls are throwing at my truck! WOW, here comes Golden Pallet Jack they say!!

Granny panties DO NOT count.........
il_570xN.559341098_5rso.jpg
.....:LMAO:.....:LMAO:....:LMAO: