ODFL | How many new trucks did we buy this year?

BillyLo

Service 2.0 OD Strong All Time Mastio Champion
Credits
I cannot believe we're being flooded with new Columbias in the 2457*** range already! Has the company been tossing the older FLD's yet? I figured there wouldn't be too many new daycabs for a year or two after the 2456*** series.

BillyLo said:
I cannot believe we're being flooded with new Columbias in the 2457*** range already! Has the company been tossing the older FLD's yet? I figured there wouldn't be too many new daycabs for a year or two after the 2456*** series.
no not really od is buying the most trucks they ever have because of the new motors of next year models have to be ready for the new 15 parts per million deisel fuel that is expected to be in every pump by october and all of the big fleets are buying this years models up like hotcakes,they are worried about the new fuel in the new motors aren't going to work well.its going to be like in 93 with all of the trucks breaking down.this new fuel will work well with late model trucks but not with next year models!:duh:

2 new OD Sterling daycabs with tandems and chains sitting at the MRT terminal. They were part of the UW buyout and we painted them to be part of the fleet since they are new. They said they are going to another terminal to run in the city.

Skywalker's new tractor is behind the shop.They're going to put an additional 500 gallon tank on it.When he leaves,he's gone so long,his dog don't know when he gets home.

JIM BOB said:
Skywalker's new tractor is behind the shop.They're going to put an additional 500 gallon tank on it.When he leaves,he's gone so long,his dog don't know when he gets home.
Is it going to have a fire suppression system on it to.:TR10driving03: :flame:

comment of the dog brought back the time I was out 7 weeks (not by choice) and had to sleep in the truck outside the house because the dog wouldn't let me in the house until daylight. This was another company , not OD the only thing I learned from that ordeal was never take a dry van to Amarillo and espect to get out with it. Made 4 complete rounds hauling dog food to Phoenix from(Hereford, Tx) then returning the same load back to Amarillo for Affiliated Foods under their label before dispatch was able to find anything going east. Then had to run Lexington, Ky/Birmingham, Al and Atlanta Ga finally going over to Augusta, Ga loading for St.Joseph Mo to get me home. Wound up taking all weekend to get home because by then too wore out to drive home.

Another reason I liked drving for OD ! got to see the house every day unless taking a trip to Denver then back the next day