Holland | How many of you still have?

Toby

TB Legend
Credits
How many guys still have the cups and bowls that we all got pre YRC days for the record numbers?

Remember those they showed the record revenue for the months they were blue coffee cups.. I just came across the coffee cup today and I still have that big white bowl as well.

It showed September 2004

Record month:
$121,834,335
Record week
$26,977,350
Record Day
$5,986,625

Think we are still pulling those numbers?

How many guys still have the cups and bowls that we all got pre YRC days for the record numbers?

Remember those they showed the record revenue for the months they were blue coffee cups.. I just came across the coffee cup today and I still have that big white bowl as well.

It showed September 2004

Record month:
$121,834,335
Record week
$26,977,350
Record Day
$5,986,625

Just two more things that your kids are going to have to throw into the dumpster when you pass.

Good old TNT Holland days! Was really a great place to work back then....probly still have a couple old TNT uniform shirts laying around somewhere. I think they had those for only a year or two by us....voluntary uniforms...not mandatory.Oh yeah... 2004 might have been USF by then....I cant remember. I think they went with Usf in 1999 now that I think about it.

Good old TNT Holland days! Was really a great place to work back then....probly still have a couple old TNT uniform shirts laying around somewhere. I think they had those for only a year or two by us....voluntary uniforms...not mandatory.Oh yeah... 2004 might have been USF by then....I cant remember. I think they went with Usf in 1999 now that I think about it.
It was USF by 2004. They also gave us Holland Polo shirts right around that time as well for safety appreciation as well.

Just two more things that your kids are going to have to throw into the dumpster when you pass.
By then they may be collector items like all the old CF and Watkins stuff.. I would hope they have the sense to sell it on EBAY, but the landfill will most likely get it instead.

It showed September 2004

Record month:
$121,834,335
Record week
$26,977,350
Record Day
$5,986,625

I'm looking at the big soup cup that we received as we speak.
It says 9/3/99.
1st $20 million dollar week....$20,065,287.00

The good old days.

Several times I've almost boxed up the rest of my Holland stuff and gave it to the next Holland driver that I run into. Then I decide not to and to hold on to it. But you're right, the kids will throw it in the dumpster once I croak.
I've got safe driving patches, Jack knives, key chains, shirts, a pullover, a jacket, Sweet Teamsters license plate, a truck collection, etc.etc.
All eventually landfill bound.

Several times I've almost boxed up the rest of my Holland stuff and gave it to the next Holland driver that I run into. Then I decide not to and to hold on to it. But you're right, the kids will throw it in the dumpster once I croak.
I've got safe driving patches, Jack knives, key chains, shirts, a pullover, a jacket, Sweet Teamsters license plate, a truck collection, etc.etc.
All eventually landfill bound.
I'm as good a hoarder as the next guy but I am getting tired of having stuff that I'll never use or see outside of the pile it's sitting in. When I'm in a bad mood I'll grab me a handful of mementos and toss them in the trash, it only hurts for a few seconds. ABF safety plaque? What am I really going to do with that? 20 year service award? Who GAF? Pictures? Have 'em by the thousands. How often do you take your old pictures out and look at them? Me neither. I have a looooong way to go but at least I'm headed in the right direction.

I'm as good a hoarder as the next guy but I am getting tired of having stuff that I'll never use or see outside of the pile it's sitting in. When I'm in a bad mood I'll grab me a handful of mementos and toss them in the trash, it only hurts for a few seconds. ABF safety plaque? What am I really going to do with that? 20 year service award? Who GAF? Pictures? Have 'em by the thousands. How often do you take your old pictures out and look at them? Me neither. I have a looooong way to go but at least I'm headed in the right direction.
I have over time been going through a lot of the old stuff and tossing it as well. I think the hardest thing to part with is my old stereo system and tall speakers.

That system would make the windows rattle at half volume and I keep saying that I will hook it up in the garage but never do.. The new Bose systems with the docking for the phone works well out there. I have been considering getting an XM station as well out there.

I still drive Sterling's, reminds me of the good old days. I got hired in 2005 so I got to see a little of old Holland before yrc ruined us. Still drive Sterling's to this day because that's what I used to. Still had a few Louisville around when I started. Driving a Sterling was like a Cadillac compared to those. The internationals were brand new when I started so of course I didn't get to drive those being low seniority. Now I hate the internationals. still have a few shirts and hats from back then that say usf Holland.

Still have that mug. I remember that night. I always worked inbound and when we started at 1am outbound still had the dock stuffed with freight with 20 city loads left to break. Think we pushed 4.3 million lbs outbound that night.

Nice to remember the Good Old days , before the Yellow Cancer ruined us !
VFlFsRh.jpg

I still drive Sterling's, reminds me of the good old days. I got hired in 2005 so I got to see a little of old Holland before yrc ruined us. Still drive Sterling's to this day because that's what I used to. Still had a few Louisville around when I started. Driving a Sterling was like a Cadillac compared to those. The internationals were brand new when I started so of course I didn't get to drive those being low seniority. Now I hate the internationals. still have a few shirts and hats from back then that say usf Holland.

The sterlings were like caddy’s back then. I had one of those little pop truck International single axles at that time and I looked at the sterlings with envy... by the time I got one it was so beat up I had to use strips of sheet Metal and self tappers to hold the panels of the dashboard together and that was a 23 series.