How much do U drag,,,,,,,

NASA doesn't have that many tools
That explains why they waste so much money, lol.

Everything I listed fits into a soft sided tool bag, a milk crate, and the opposite side dog box on the sleeper cab. That's really not a lot, when you consider I'm carrying a couple jugs of oil, antifreeze, washer fluid, etc.

Every steel hauler I know is fairly mechanically inclined.

Air line fittings ,especially the compression sleeves because I was in a jam and spent an hour reshaping the old sleeve and don't dump out the old coffee in your thermos until you get home ,if you break down you mite wish you still had it
I know it's not dot approved, but you can get back to the terminal with a hose splice and a couple of hose clamps.

It beats sitting on the side of the road.

Pop out the rubber plug, insert into the slot and twist a quarter turn, hurry up and run the nut down, and tighten it up until it relieves the spring pressure on the brake shoes.

Pinch off the air lines going to said leaking air chamber.

Keep on rolling, and get it back to the shop for a new chamber or pancake.
Ok cool , I pinched of the air line and then beat the linkage into submission

Smoke signals?
Back in Seabreezes day, the naturally aspirated Cummins were easy. Blip the throttle for a dot and mash it for a dash. EG: bilp blip blip, mash mash mash, blip blip blip.
Now the gas rigs were harder, it involved setting a tire on fire and using your t-shirt.

Last edited:
Smoke signals?
Back in Seabreezes day, the naturally aspirated Cummins were easy. Blip the throttle for a dot and mash it for a dash. EG: bilp blip blip, mash mash mash, blip blip blip.
Now the gas rigs were harder, it involved setting a tire on fire and using your t-shirt.
I still liked the phone number and the union card!