XPO | How much more?

united1

TB Regular
Credits
When is enough, enough? Drivers I realize many of you are opposed to unions , but what are your other options? You could walk away, which would make the company happy,{ lower labor rates}. You can continue to giveback, and if nothing changes that will continue to happen. We can say we've had enough. Right now drivers fear for there jobs. The only thing the company fears is the union. We may not even need to vote the union in, but we need to sign enough cards, so that it is an option. When OHIO almost went union the company sent many managers to threaten the drivers, but they also sent the apology crew out everywhere else to say they are sorry and everything was going to get better. The union threat went away and everything turned to crap again. If we stay together we can fix this.

What is the union going to do honestly? Just look at YRC and ABF. Unions are a joke these days. I cant even read the Union boards without getting a headache, so I try not to venture there too much. But as I have said before the crap is eyeballs deep at con-way right now so just think how much worse it would be with complicated labor rules and whatnot. How many grievances get filed, and then they take months or years before they get heard. Drivers will gripe and complain but what I hear repeatedly is where else am I going to make $23+/hr? So they will continue to take the abuse that con-way dishes out. And sadly it is not just a con-way thing, this is across a lot of industries in the corporate world.

What is the union going to do honestly? Just look at YRC and ABF. Unions are a joke these days. I cant even read the Union boards without getting a headache, so I try not to venture there too much. But as I have said before the crap is eyeballs deep at con-way right now so just think how much worse it would be with complicated labor rules and whatnot. How many grievances get filed, and then they take months or years before they get heard. Drivers will gripe and complain but what I hear repeatedly is where else am I going to make $23+/hr? So they will continue to take the abuse that con-way dishes out. And sadly it is not just a con-way thing, this is across a lot of industries in the corporate world.
There is no guarantee with the union. What it will do is make the company realize we have had enough. The crap is going to do nothing but get worse at Con-Way if we do nothing. They are all going to keep crapping as long as we sit there saying we're making $23 an hour. Will you be happy saying that 5yrs from now?

When is enough, enough? Drivers I realize many of you are opposed to unions , but what are your other options? You could walk away, which would make the company happy,{ lower labor rates}. You can continue to giveback, and if nothing changes that will continue to happen. We can say we've had enough. Right now drivers fear for there jobs. The only thing the company fears is the union. We may not even need to vote the union in, but we need to sign enough cards, so that it is an option. When OHIO almost went union the company sent many managers to threaten the drivers, but they also sent the apology crew out everywhere else to say they are sorry and everything was going to get better. The union threat went away and everything turned to crap again. If we stay together we can fix this.
Everything is fine. You must've been getting some coaching lately. It'll be OK as soon as they get new management. Just relax

There is no guarantee with the union. What it will do is make the company realize we have had enough. The crap is going to do nothing but get worse at Con-Way if we do nothing. They are all going to keep crapping as long as we sit there saying we're making $23 an hour. Will you be happy saying that 5yrs from now?
Five years ago , we were making 19$/hr. Conway loves you.

Union is not the answer. Do you really want to send your money to corrupt union officials? Then you have to answer to two bosses. Union bosses and company bosses. No thanks!

Five years ago , we were making 19$/hr. Conway loves you.
Check again, we were making $19/hr ten yrs ago and I could cut and paste the rest of what we had then, but I am hoping you remember. Do you really think we're ahead or even with then?

Union is not the answer. Do you really want to send your money to corrupt union officials? Then you have to answer to two bosses. Union bosses and company bosses. No thanks!
We'll see if still feel that way when Central Transport looks like a better job.

Check again, we were making $19/hr ten yrs ago and I could cut and paste the rest of what we had then, but I am hoping you remember. Do you really think we're ahead or even with then?
Your in a different part of the country then . Your making almost 25 with ot after 8. Your fine.

Everything is fine. You must've been getting some coaching lately. It'll be OK as soon as they get new management. Just relax

:butt kiss:Lean team will coach you around the course at a terminal near you...with strips, and vest and signs signs ,signs everywhere I go I see SIGNS!!!!! Now where's the exit sign:wavey:

I love your perspective, if you personally didn't lose it, it doesn't matter. It must be lonely to be a world of one. Look up the famous quote that starts with, "They came for my neighbor..."

I figured you out..your one of those "doomsday" preppers. They're not coming for you..I promise.

(I can't wait for the response)