FedEx Freight | How much trouble..........

viking was part of caliber systems.rps roadway package service,roberts express and viking .it was purcased by fedex late 1997 early 1998.you my friend were bought by fedex.

halfbreed :1036316054:

I don't seem to remember what Fedex paid for Caliber in order to start FedEx Ground, which is actually what FedEx was really after. Viking Freight just came along with the package as an afterthought.
I always considered it a merger of equals though.

:couch::couch::couch:

It's in the regs.

So flipping burgers would be ok? How about unloading trailers at a distribution warehouse? Or hostling somewhere else?

It says "services". Since our line drivers are actually dock workers, they can't work the dock for someone else? Or just drive?

So, you can get a second job, according to the regs, just not driving for someone else. So, would flipping burgers count against your available hours?

So flipping burgers would be ok? How about unloading trailers at a distribution warehouse? Or hostling somewhere else?

It says "services". Since our line drivers are actually dock workers, they can't work the dock for someone else? Or just drive?

So, you can get a second job, according to the regs, just not driving for someone else. So, would flipping burgers count against your available hours?

If you follow the strict letter of the law, I suppose. But, there is that pesky section in the FedEx handbook that requires you to notify them of any job.

You call HR and give them the name of the company that you are interested in working for. They then check it against a list of Companies THEY consider a conflict of interest. They give you the OK once they do this.

You will have to fill out FedEx logs, they will not accept your logs from your PT job. They want drivers that work PT to have a full 24 off, to reset your 70 hours for your FedEx job. Spouse did tankers pulling jet fuel 1-2 times a month on a Saturday on and off for a while a few years back, was about the only driving job that he could make a several hundred dollars a day doing a few days a month to make it even worth while to have a PT job.

Hope this made sense seeing I'm not a driver just a spouse of one.

The problem with not letting FedEx know about the other job is you risk other drivers you know seeing you driving a truck for another company, word gets around, and next thing you know your in big trouble with FedEx.

halfbreed :1036316054:

I don't seem to remember what Fedex paid for Caliber in order to start FedEx Ground, which is actually what FedEx was really after. Viking Freight just came along with the package as an afterthought.
I always considered it a merger of equals though.

:couch::couch::couch:

your right,they really wanted rps to start fdx ground,viking was a bonus.good luck.