FedEx Freight | How much trouble..........

Richard Cranium

TB Legend
Credits
I think there's a rule somewhere that we can't work for our competitors,,,,,,,,
Can't really figure that one out as a driver, I mean, what am I going to do, show them a better way to put their line drivers in the poor house?
I'm pretty sure there's a rule that I have to get permission to take any second job,,,,,,,,,,,,
But how much trouble would I get in if I didn't change out of my uniform before standing at the end of the offramp by the yard with my Big Gulp cup and my cardboard sign that says Underemployed, please help.
Finished out the week with 40 hours available.

as long as you dont work for our competition there really isnt anything they can do .just dont let it affect your work here.

as long as you dont work for our competition there really isnt anything they can do .just dont let it affect your work here.

According to DOT rules if you work somewhere else you have to log it on duty not driving on Fed Ex logs. If no one knows about it more power to ya, but if anything happened on the other job, or at your Fed Ex job and they found out, well you know what would happen. Also it doesn't matter what kind of 2nd job it is, from driving for someone else or flipping hamburgers doesn't matter.

Like tp and pops have said it should go on the log and all that ... but ..HEY

if you need the money .. don't ask . and don't tell ... anybody
and if you get caught ..."I didn't know"

just do it

There is, of course, that little paper you signed when you started here that said you would reveal and other job you had to FedEx. If they find out about it and you didn't tell them, the part time might have to become your full time job.

I think Richard Cranium was talking about getting a second job holding a "Will Work For Food" sign at the bottom of an exit ramp. There are many people doing that and then getting in their Mercedes Benz that they have parked around the corner to drive home to.
If you work the extra board I can see where you could go hold a sign by a traffic light and get your call on your cell phone and then go to work to drive that big truck.

:1036316054::1036316054::1036316054:

I'll bet FedEx will still see that as a second job and make him record that on line 4. They probably won't like him wearing the uniform either.

There is, of course, that little paper you signed when you started here that said you would reveal and other job you had to FedEx. If they find out about it and you didn't tell them, the part time might have to become your full time job.

There wasn't any little paper or any FedEx anything when I signed on to pilot my "big blue canoe" way back when.

I think Richard Cranium was talking about getting a second job holding a "Will Work For Food" sign at the bottom of an exit ramp. There are many people doing that and then getting in their Mercedes Benz that they have parked around the corner to drive home to.
If you work the extra board I can see where you could go hold a sign by a traffic light and get your call on your cell phone and then go to work to drive that big truck.

:1036316054::1036316054::1036316054:

And River wins the gold star for reading comprehension.

There wasn't any little paper or any FedEx anything when I signed on to pilot my "big blue canoe" way back when.

Richard Cranium :1036316054:

That is Right.
We worked for Roadway (aka Viking Freight)
when we merged with FedEx.
We were not bought and forced to fill out rehire paperwork like other carriers we bought
since 2000.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

§395.8 Driver’s record of duty status.

(j) Drivers used by more than one motor carrier. (1) When the services of a driver are used by more than one motor carrier during any 24-hour period in effect at the driver’s home terminal, the driver shall submit a copy of the record of duty status to each motor carrier. The record shall include:

(j)(1)(i) All duty time for the entire 24-hour period;

(j)(1)(ii) The name of each motor carrier served by the driver during that period; and

(j)(1)(iii) The beginning and finishing time, including a.m. or p.m., worked for each carrier.

(j)(2) Motor carriers, when using a driver for the first time or intermittently, shall obtain from the driver a signed statement giving the total time on duty during the immediately preceding 7 days and the time at which the driver was last relieved from duty prior to beginning work for the motor carriers.

It's in the regs.

Richard Cranium :1036316054:

That is Right.
We worked for Roadway (aka Viking Freight)
when we merged with FedEx.
We were not bought and forced to fill out rehire paperwork like other carriers we bought
since 2000.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

viking was part of caliber systems.rps roadway package service,roberts express and viking .it was purcased by fedex late 1997 early 1998.you my friend were bought by fedex.

River brings up a good point. Remember to change into your grunge outfit, and don't wear your FXF uniform when your holding your sign at the bottom of the off ramp. You could also spend some qualify time with the family. Bring them along so they can learn to be tax free independent contractors. Here's your sign. TP