Estes | How strict is Estes Express lines?

Being on the phone like texting and driving or talking on a Bluetooth while you're driving?

Heard of some people getting caught on camera at night with a phone in their hands and having to call safety then getting suspended but never heard of anyone getting fired. No one cares if you talk on your phone all night.

Being on the phone like texting and driving or talking on a Bluetooth while you're driving?

Heard of some people getting caught on camera at night with a phone in their hands and having to call safety then getting suspended but never heard of anyone getting fired. No one cares if you talk on your phone all night.
Picking up your phone to make a call or change song/video/podcast etc

Picking up your phone to make a call or change song/video/podcast etc
Don’t want to camera to catch reflections of you doing that should an event trigger it while you’re engaged in such activity. This could be a slippery slope and though Estes isn’t strict, we are always one high profile accident away from them becoming strict and looking at every little thing we do.

Don’t want to camera to catch reflections of you doing that should an event trigger it while you’re engaged in such activity. This could be a slippery slope and though Estes isn’t strict, we are always one high profile accident away from them becoming strict and looking at every little thing we do.
Do they actively do random inspections on drivers?

Yes ,you heading to exit gate guy with clipboard flags you down for inspection ,checks vehicle ,your licence and med card ,these other drivers must run at some other fantasy estes
They got me in Greensboro like that a few times but it’s been probably 4-5 years ago. Just license and medical card.

When I first started 18 years ago, we had a safety man who would do surprise tractor inspections . Everything had to be secured, lunch boxes, radio boxes, etc. He told us the reason was if we were involved in a roll over accident anything that was not secured could fly around and hit you in the head. He was let go a few years later and the only inspections we've had since were by our maintenance man. He would check license and medical card and do a light check.

Another question. How many miles will I average as a line haul extraboard driver?

Estes is my number one option this coming April when I hit 1 year experience.

Last edited:
2750 has been my magic number over the years running extra. Pretty much right on the money when you figure annual gross

I'm pretty much debt free so I never needed to run hard. You can do better than that if u need to