Estes | How strict is Estes Express lines?

Another question. How many miles will I average as a line haul extraboard driver?

Estes is my number one option this coming April when I hit 1 year experience.
I’d try to apply now anyways. Just got offered a P&D job in Sun Valley/San Fernando valley terminal. Better situation than Reddaway. Luckily we had a guy bail and go to Estes a few months back so I was able to talk to the TM for the past couple months. They wouldnt budge on the 1 year experience at the end of last year but they were able to move me through now with my year of exp coming up in April/May.

Ending up taking this offer with a $3,000 sign on bonus over ABF city/forklift with $15,000 sign on bonus. I want to drive not be a graveyard shift/on call dock worker for however long it takes to get a set schedule over there. And I want to eventually move to Reno/sparks area and it’ll be a lot easier with Estes than ABF.

I’d try to apply now anyways. Just got offered a P&D job in Sun Valley/San Fernando valley terminal. Better situation than Reddaway. Luckily we had a guy bail and go to Estes a few months back so I was able to talk to the TM for the past couple months. They wouldnt budge on the 1 year experience at the end of last year but they were able to move me through now with my year of exp coming up in April/May.

Ending up taking this offer with a $3,000 sign on bonus over ABF city/forklift with $15,000 sign on bonus. I want to drive not be a graveyard shift/on call dock worker for however long it takes to get a set schedule over there. And I want to eventually move to Reno/sparks area and it’ll be a lot easier with Estes than ABF.
Every company offered me a job years ago..I went with the one where I would work the least if that makes any sense

P&D wasn’t hard. Doing wet-hose for the past month for a fuel company f-ing sucks. Could always go the linehaul or real fuel hauling route at some point once I’m out in Reno.

Good info! And sounds like an amazing plan