Yellow | How Will Driver Pay Compare?

Ups freight, 69 a mile for road will be over 71 by the end of the new contract, 28.95 a hour for any drops, hooks, fueling etc they do.
City 28.95 ot after 8 and 40, will be just under 31 by the end of the new contract .
Dock with a cdl 28.55 ot after 8/40 will be 30 and change by the end of the new contract.
Dock non cdl 25.70 ot after 8/40 will be 27 and change by the end of the new contract.

Family plan health care is 23 and Change a week.
Pension pays 129 a month per year of service , will be 134 by the end of the new contract and its a single employer pension not multi.
There is a 401k but company does not put Into it.

Buddy @ FXF says the new P&D phones are annoying as hell. :hilarious: Almost threw it out the truck. Like Siri on steroids :hysterical:
I imagine they are, I am a road driver we have old handhelds that just confirm your trailers and put the tasks you do per day like hooks drops etc No driver facing cams but they do have annoying things like following what they consider to be too close for too long... I don't get many but on occasion , they will bring you in and show you this video and tell you to drive better but they haven't written anyone up that I know of... Hell we have a mid 30's terminal manager (really good guy) that had to show a driver with more years safe driving (37) than he has even been alive :17142:

Will someone knowledgeable please post a comparison of the new proposed driver pay (and Benefits) compared to ABF, UPS Freight, Walmart, non-union LTL carriers, and whoever else in the market we might be applying to. Thanks in advance.
ABF in my opinion is the only company to compare with YRC as far as work rules and compensation and would probably be the better choice of all of them. I notice a lot of you guys just look at the CPM instead of the whole picture Walmart Drivers top CPM is .52 CPM but some of their drivers are able to clear 120k or better which you will earn every dime of. Walmart drivers that have a life are doing 80-90k so if you have a life is Walmart worth it? Family health insurance at Walmart is $284 every 2 weeks and they only cover 75% of doctor visits you’re on the hook for the rest. Their 401k is the best thing they got going up to 6% dollar for dollar match. They’re home time was the deal breaker for me, for the first year you’re gonna work EVERY.....did I say every? Yes EVERY weekend until you get on a 5-2 5-3 program which you get to see a weekend every 5-6 weeks good luck bro and that info came from my welcome aboard package from Walmart. If you put in a app at Walmart make sure you use a reference that’ll push your app to the top of the pile.

I imagine they are, I am a road driver we have old handhelds that just confirm your trailers and put the tasks you do per day like hooks drops etc No driver facing cams but they do have annoying things like following what they consider to be too close for too long... I don't get many but on occasion , they will bring you in and show you this video and tell you to drive better but they haven't written anyone up that I know of... Hell we have a mid 30's terminal manager (really good guy) that had to show a driver with more years safe driving (37) than he has even been alive :17142:
Ya, nothing like a 20 something wide eyed Opie explaining safe driving to a 3 million miler. :biglaugh:

FXF where I am
Drop 30 mins
Hook 30 mins
Drop + Hook = 1hr
Tractor Only Switch 15 mins
Fuel 15 mins

Breakdown 28.83 from the minute you break down
Road Shut down (has to be stopped not slow) 28.83 from the min you shut down
Delay starts the minute you come off lunch

If you have to change tractors you get paid for that too 15 or 30 mins can't remember
Also Fedex pays Overtime for anything after 8 hours per day just like the Union companies. Vacation pay is your average hourly rate for the previous year too. So when you take vacation your pay is about what you’re used to seeing.

Also Fedex pays Overtime for anything after 8 hours per day just like the Union companies. Vacation pay is your average hourly rate for the previous year too. So when you take vacation your pay is about what you’re used to seeing.
1/52 of annual gross was a huge step in vacation compensation, back in the day.

While I love it, I would gladly sacrifice it for 40 hrs for a week and 8 hrs for a daily, for an increase to WS 401k contributions from the company; or additional pension contributions to funds that are solvent.

Reason:

The reward for working more than 40 is OT. It should not be the companies obligation to reward an employee twice. One is guaranteed 40, that imho, should be the only obligation.