How's it going ?

Matt

Infamous “Beerboy”
Credits
With the few new guys that have come to Frito across the country how do you like it so far ?
Let it all air out.

I've got a year in and I can ***** BUT I know where I came from and the small nit pick crap is nothing compared to what the LTL guys deal with. At least I put a good paycheck in every week.
We had a bid and I'm back on the extra board. So back to roaming all over again at a moments notice. That's fine the money's better. Life sucks. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm glad you like your job. I wish I made a good paycheck but I like my home life. Someday ill make good money again. Its been so long since I've done ltl so what stuff do they put up with?

Seems to be a lot more micro managing at LTL outfits. More marching orders etc.
I love my home time also Moneyman. I have to put in time and the more I move up the more I get to choose my life.
It's not to bad now.
I just happen to be off last night. tonight and Saturday night. Damn the luck.

Three nights off???!! Hmmm. Well my store better have enough Cheetos in stock or I'm blaming you. :ranting2: :tongue:

34 hr reset. I made enough cash this week. A few days off is fine with me.

Lot more micro managing at ltl? Don't you have a computer in your Frito truck that you have to enter every thing you do into.let us tell you how it goes at are ltl barn,you walk out to your pre-strung set,do a pre-trip, check your haz-mat"if you have any"and go to work,oh and they tell you to have a safe trip sometimes that's it . Always nice to come down here and see how MR Rogers neighborhood is going!

Lot more micro managing at ltl? Don't you have a computer in your Frito truck that you have to enter every thing you do into.let us tell you how it goes at are ltl barn,you walk out to your pre-strung set,do a pre-trip, check your haz-mat"if you have any"and go to work,oh and they tell you to have a safe trip sometimes that's it . Always nice to come down here and see how MR Rogers neighborhood is going!

What the hell was that Zipper? Why would you even respond here? I'll take foodservice over LTL any day of the week, keep doing what you do in freight, and if you don't have anything substantial to add stay out!!!

BTW I have a computer in my Sysco truck, I am also treated 10 times better by mgmt than I was in ltl, and we are union! Zip, the rubber band goes around your arm not your neck!

Oh I get it you boys can comment on ltl trucking but if any thing said down here your panties get all buntched up, thought this was a open forum well like I said in the post just checking in on Mr.Rogers.

Oh I get it you boys can comment on ltl trucking but if any thing said down here your panties get all buntched up, thought this was a open forum well like I said in the post just checking in on Mr.Rogers.

Your the one that questioned Matt's idea that ltl is micro managed. I don't wear panties, I wear a banana hammock, the forum is open just don't grind your axe here.

Well grocery giter ,when I see b.s I will swing the axe it doesn't matter if it is the top ,middle,or bottom of the forum.whether you swing it or get hit with it, that's the way it goes.is what it is.and as far as your under garment the hammock I new some sico drivers or Sysco same thing out of Wichita they wore them to, most of the time on there heads don't no why must come from dragging salad dressing and napkins around all day.thanks for the advice

I'll jump in here on this one. I had 21.5 yrs in regional LTL, and now I've been at Frito for 2 months. From my view, it's largely apples and oranges. LTL is very tightly managed on the city peddle side. Linehaul/Road, you're very much left alone. But then some drivers go out of their way to invite unwanted attention. So far at Frito, I've seen no micromanagement. I'm an OTR driver. The Tmap computer system doesn't "manage" you, but it's always there, which can be a pain in the butt. And it is very susceptible to communication glitches, meaning you're constantly monitoring it so you don't get $crewed. And I've been treated with nothing but friendly kindness here thus far. I do remember nasty attitudes and a few rotten verbal exchanges from both fellow drivers and management over my years in LTL. It wasn't overbearing, and you just dealt with it.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Forum Runner

I'll jump in here on this one. I had 21.5 yrs in regional LTL, and now I've been at Frito for 2 months. From my view, it's largely apples and oranges. LTL is very tightly managed on the city peddle side. Linehaul/Road, you're very much left alone. But then some drivers go out of their way to invite unwanted attention. So far at Frito, I've seen no micromanagement. I'm an OTR driver. The Tmap computer system doesn't "manage" you, but it's always there, which can be a pain in the butt. And it is very susceptible to communication glitches, meaning you're constantly monitoring it so you don't get $crewed. And I've been treated with nothing but friendly kindness here thus far. I do remember nasty attitudes and a few rotten verbal exchanges from both fellow drivers and management over my years in LTL. It wasn't overbearing, and you just dealt with it.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Forum Runner
THANK YOU,.......point well taken nicely put.

Maybe I'm missing something....do you just dislike Foodservice Zipper? I worked for AF/Fredex for 7 years, I'm treated great at Sysco, some mgmt actually listens to our ideas, my experience in LTL was that of a beat down, and an idea is only valid if it comes from mgmt.

I'm not trying to argue or get you mad Zipper, I just want to figure out why you are on a Foodservice forum and leaving me with the feeling that you dislike us/the industry.

Well you may have missed a little there thrower,makes me no difference that you do food service work truckn is truckn.and I am sorry you had to work for Fed-ex at one point. been a road driver for 24 yrs never herd much good about them or Fred Smith for that matter.My issue is with your little buddy beer boy,when he starts yap in I start typing I wont even start on all his union wisdom on the FED-ex union thread well never the less glad you belong to a local,is 523 out of Tulsa?

Well you may have missed a little there thrower,makes me no difference that you do food service work truckn is truckn.and I am sorry you had to work for Fed-ex at one point. been a road driver for 24 yrs never herd much good about them or Fred Smith for that matter.My issue is with your little buddy beer boy,when he starts yap in I start typing I wont even start on all his union wisdom on the FED-ex union thread well never the less glad you belong to a local,is 523 out of Tulsa?

Ok, I gotcha, yes I'm 523 and proud to be a part of it! Its between you guys and now I understand so I will respectfully leave it to you two.

I would suggest the PM system rather than the open forum though. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

I get paid off that computer. Not sure what your saying driver.

Not sure why ziper is so gay on me. He thinks I'm anti union or something.
He doesn't really know me well I guess. Back in the day I had a lot of fun on estes with some very pro union guys so naturally I had to be way over the top anti. I ended up having a lot of great phone conversations with the ring leader back then and honestly I have nothing against the unions at all. As a matter of fact I've been known to help out the "other side" a few times.

Kinda immature Ziper to keep up the trolling with me. I guess we were old Dugan drivers together. I have my beliefs he's from up north.

I wish you well Ziper.

Hay thanks for the well wishing beer boy, I remember back in the day how you shook out on the union all right.sorry if I made your corn chips soggy but always like to check in on MR Rogers nieborhood were it's always sunny in Topeka,gonna be long cold winter up north so looking forward to some warm post's. And as far as your gay thing you probly no Moore about that stuff than I do after all haven't seen you in a long time maybe youv'e changed GOOD DAY.