Hr 397 Moved, 6/11/2019

Discussion in 'Central States Pension Fund Discussion' started by jimmy g, Jun 13, 2019 at 6:57 PM.

1. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook AD-FREE USER

Driver Since:
    https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/397/all-actions?overview=closed#tabs

Butch Lewis Bill sat in Committee 18 months and died quietly in 2018.

Richard Neal's copy of Butch Lewis sat in Committee since 1/9/2019 until two days ago. Passed out of Committee 26-18. It's only hope is an attachment to "Has to Pass" Omnibus Spending. I was sure it'd never move....

I have no idea what's actually happening, but an Omnibus Bill is being thrown together for August Voting...

maz123, SAC75, 00mustang and 2 others like this.
  2. rtm457

rtm457 Active Member

The Democrats don't have time to deal with voting on legislation, they are too busy trying to impeach Trump. They don't care about us peasants.

jimmy g likes this.
  3. 816cliff

816cliff Member

I sure don't see Trump doing anything to help with the pension crisis.

4. muddog

muddog Active Member

I hope you’re wrong. He comes off like a man of the people. Hopefully he sticks to his guns on this one..

abfempm likes this.
  5. 816cliff

816cliff Member

When has Trump ever even mentioned the pension crisis? He does however support a national right to work law which means he is anti labor I don't understand how people are so gullible to believe that he is going to help us. Do you leave cookies and milk out for Santa Claus on Christmas eve

6. SAC75

SAC75 Well-Known Member

The president doesn’t write the laws. Congress and the Senate write laws. Trump has nothing to do with it.

rtm457 and jimmy g like this.
  7. 816cliff

816cliff Member

Okay answer me this do you really think Trump would sign the Butch Lewis act if it was passed by both houses of the legislature and put on his desk.

8. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook AD-FREE USER

Driver Since:
    I am for Government Never Bailing out Anything. It's not the job of Government to play Provider.

However- yes- if Congress passes it, I do believe he will sign it in an Omnibus Bill.

rtm457 likes this.
  9. rtm457

rtm457 Active Member

That is Congress'job. Congress makes laws and the President signs them. Like I said the Democrats can't get legislation passed because they are too worried about what Trump is doing.

10. SAC75

SAC75 Well-Known Member

Yes, that bill is never going to pass in the Senate by itself. It is going to be packed into the Omnibus bill as pork from what I’ve been reading. If the senate passes it I think he will sign it.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019 at 7:16 PM