Estes | Hub/Combo Driver

snowbird

TB Lurker
Credits
Hello. I saw a posting recently for a Hub/Combo driver for Avon, MA. Can you guys give me some insight about what exactly I would be doing? Is it a mix of P&D, linehaul, and dock work? Would my schedules be different every week? Like work days one week and work nights the next week? It says the pay range is $34-$36. How would you describe the management at this company? Good or bad? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hello. I saw a posting recently for a Hub/Combo driver for Avon, MA. Can you guys give me some insight about what exactly I would be doing? Is it a mix of P&D, linehaul, and dock work? Would my schedules be different every week? Like work days one week and work nights the next week? It says the pay range is $34-$36. How would you describe the management at this company? Good or bad? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
Not sure about the size of that terminal but if it's a big terminal, you'll basically be a linehaul driver, you'll fill in for drivers on vacation or sick. Smaller terminals that don't have a lot of linehaul runs use their combo drivers in the city more. Each terminal does things a little different. Based on what I know from other drivers from different terminals, they let them do what they like the most. I know some that stay out a few days, I know some that work the city more. Some run the yard truck. Some run linehaul only. Some like to stay home a lot when it's slow