Estes | Hub or Line Haul

ccnutman

TB Lurker
Credits
I was laid of when Fedex National and Freight merged and am looking around. Can anyone explain what is the difference between a Hub driver and Line Haul Driver is and what they make? At Fedex we were Line Haul or City only. Also what about Teams, what do teams earn per mile and days out, etc.

ccnutman said:
I was laid of when Fedex National and Freight merged and am looking around. Can anyone explain what is the difference between a Hub driver and Line Haul Driver is and what they make? At Fedex we were Line Haul or City only. Also what about Teams, what do teams earn per mile and days out, etc.

Hub = FedEx freight shuttle runs. Pay per mile is lower than road.

Road = FedEx national extraboard. Run out all week and get home on weekends. Until you get a bid. You get drop and hook pay and milage. That's it no delay or penalty pay. Good miles most of the time.

Teams = FedEx national teams some bid runs some wild board runs. They make pretty good money. 100k is pretty easy if you figure the system out.

Positives about estes is your truck is your truck it's real nice on the extraboard. Everything is laid back. Good people to work for and with

Negitives is bunkhouses, no delay, small truck motors with no jakes, no overtime in the city till after 55 hours. And a Thattaboy system. You run and never ***** you will get more miles than the other guys.

Like any company it is what you make it. Can you make 80 a year and have health insurance and be home everyday ? Yes it may take time.
Hub if you need to be home, road if ya wanna super truck and try to break 100k as a solo. They have a few guys that do that every year. Good luck. Estes is a good job.

Which location are u lookin at ccnutman? Myself or someone may have some insight as to what yards are hiring for. I've heard of new hires walking into some decent runs once and a while. You never know.

Maybe a Charlotte driver can jump on here + fill you in. All I got is off their website showing hiring for linehaul/extraboard, utility, and teams. No hub available cause that usually gets bid up. If you just want to drive and don't mind sitting sometimes, try linehaul.