Huge Adblock Detected box when I go on site

darkon

TB Lurker
Credits
Pretty much a daily visitior to the site but starting yesterday I am getting a huge box on the site . My browser adblocker has always been turned off for this site. I click the stop sign 3x and that doesn't help . Now I am getting the box and then a pop up box. Is there a setting I need to change?

"Adblock Detected"

All Content Viewing is suspended

Please Disable Your AdBlocker

This website is free because of advertising

To restore service, Turn Off Adblocker Then click the stop sign 3 times.

Thank You

Clearing the cache and cookies may help but you will need to relog in to many of your places you visit daily . Maybe Jeff will have better advice my friend .

This happened to me many times...I finally gave up and paid the $5 for a 30 day trial.

My neighbor's son is a computer geek, and he says that I don't have an "AdBlocker".
Probably a way for Jeff to generate additional $. We will see after the 30 days if it is worth it.

Unless he cuts me off for being brutally honest? who knows? we will see...

This happened to me many times...I finally gave up and paid the $5 for a 30 day trial.

My neighbor's son is a computer geek, and he says that I don't have an "AdBlocker".
Probably a way for Jeff to generate additional $. We will see after the 30 days if it is worth it.

Unless he cuts me off for being brutally honest? who knows? we will see...
got to pay the bills one way or the other, I am not getting rich and I have spent thousands of hours of my free time over the last 20+ years to fix, babysit and answer questions. You need t try a different browser, if a HUGE ADBLOCK box was showing up for everyone that did not have some kind of Adblocker installed I would have hundreds of emails saying so. I have one complaint and that is population you. I don't force anyone to pay for anything, but the site has to be paid for in one of two ways, Look at ads or Pay out of them. I have about 30 paying members at 5 bucks a month , which a dollar of that goes to paypal fees so we are looking at 120 bucks per month. Server bill is 335 per month so I have to generate 215 dollars more just to break even and thats where the ads come in and if you think I am getting rich then I can show you some more numbers.

Actually, I like the ads. They are usually targeted for my interests and many of them I click on to see what they got.

I'm not going to repeat what Jeff said but really Members , it takes money to run this site and plenty , plenty of time personal time so we
don't offend anyone , get
in trouble with cut and pasting , watching for
people using names , phone numbers , bad IP's from outside U.S.A. that
we protect you from or whatever
debauchery some keyboard warrior is
throwing our way . The Mods nor Jeff get paid , THE SERVER DOES , there
now are you happy .