Hurricane Conditions Louisiana-Arkansas going into late Weekend, early next week.

1984Sideways

Honk!
Credits
NHC says that the Tropical Depression 9 forming below Jamacia will enter a hurricane situation before reaching Louisana Coast by weekend. Southern Arkansas is possible for minimal hurricane storm by Monday dawn.

The pathways and intensity forecasting will become more precise as we get to landfall for the Gulf Coast and inland after. If you are in a position to do so you can get your preps ready. Once the population gets the word the stores will not hold inventory very well.

I am not funny in the way all of you are.

Thank you so much for the laughs. I needed it. As a practical matter I expect alot of rain. The last couple years we have endured tropical storms that rained quite lot to where you could hardly get down the interstate in that kind of water. Its biblical.

Latest data from NHC shows 140 knots (About roughly 161 mph sustained) just west of Pierre Part which itself is south of Baton Rogue, East of Lafeyette and NW of the Big Easy as of 4Pm sunday at landfall.

Its following the Katrina Track again. The big difference this time around 15 years later is that Corps of Engineers have built Flood Defenses of a variety. And many homes have either been hardened to 155 mph standards or high water 9 feet or both.

I 40 Arkansas to Memphis can expect 30 sustained with higher gusts and inches of rain, about almost a foot worth over a day and change. Its pretty good ground and we can take that much in the foothills. The problem is Little Crypress Bayou which is near Cabot on US 67 and the new raised bridge replacement near the Jacksonville Airbase exit. The last time they flooded in Ike and Gustav the highway was three feet deep for two weeks.

Looks like the bullseye is Morgan City LA. As far as its path its wobbling according to NHC but nothing is stopping it from trying for CAT 5 before landfall.

Or wait a while.

It will either blow away or float away.

NHC reports tonight Hurricane Conditions below I-10 (I-12) in about 40 hours. Additional power is to be expected as it tries for CAT 5 hit against Metro New Orleans., Something that Katrina did not do. The track it is taking now is very similar to what Katrina did but with greater power.

I think that in the end will reduce some of the smash. The storm is relatively small. Little. It is growing in size as fast as nature can do it. Might even bombgenesis into something of a recordbreaker with 200+ sustained. (F8?) And to spectulate is useless because Sunday we will know alot of what we dont know tonight.

We made ready for it in every way. Now I dont think I will stress about the thing too much. Hope it does not do the damage that Katrina did. God knows we had 15 years to build out defenses and so on across the board down there.