ABF | Hurry Up New Year!

canaryinthemine

Retirement....The Job I Was Born To Have!
Credits
Five more hours,........Good Grief! If I see the commercial about “Ibrance”......
.......or hear that damned “Liberty Mutual” jingle......just one more time....
I’ll bury my head in that convenient snowbank left over from the last snowstorm.......

Please let this year hurry up and slide off my calendar........

I’ll tell you this..........next year I’ll be on a boat someplace warm, surrounded by warm people, drinking something warm.......

.....probably wearing my Speedo so my belly can shade my toes........

I’ll leave you all with that......fitting image.......representative of 2020......

Happy New Year!

Five more hours,........Good Grief! If I see the commercial about “Ibrance”......
.......or hear that damned “Liberty Mutual” jingle......just one more time....
I’ll bury my head in that convenient snowbank left over from the last snowstorm.......

Please let this year hurry up and slide off my calendar........

I’ll tell you this..........next year I’ll be on a boat someplace warm, surrounded by warm people, drinking something warm.......

.....probably wearing my Speedo so my belly can shade my toes........

I’ll leave you all with that......fitting image.......representative of 2020......

Happy New Year!
Going on a cruise, canary? If you’ve never been on one...they are THE BOMB! We went on one a few years back...enjoyed it immensely! About that Speedo thing... I saw some older fellows wearing those around the pool...those Speedo’s were so tight on those guys you could tell what their ‘religion’ was. Needless to say, I needed trauma counseling after spending an afternoon at the pool. I wanted to tell them: “Hey guys, it’s time for you to cover it up!” Anyway, if it’s a cruise you’re going on, enjoy, eat lots, and drink heavily. Happy New Year!!

Going on a cruise, canary? If you’ve never been on one...they are THE BOMB! We went on one a few years back...enjoyed it immensely! About that Speedo thing... I saw some older fellows wearing those around the pool...those Speedo’s were so tight on those guys you could tell what their ‘religion’ was. Needless to say, I needed trauma counseling after spending an afternoon at the pool. I wanted to tell them: “Hey guys, it’s time for you to cover it up!” Anyway, if it’s a cruise you’re going on, enjoy, eat lots, and drink heavily. Happy New Year!!
And take lots of bikini pictures to post here.

I sit at the pool bar all day and shake my head....some people have no clue, just because they sell them don’t make it right....

Yeah, canary, I can't stand commercial TV anymore. They come up with the most gratingly obnoxious, unwatchable commercials they can find. When Geico fired Maxwell the Pig I said that was it! I was done! I loved that little porker, but I always fantasized about seeing the green Geico lizard with the British accent under my drive tires flattened out on the centerline drying out in the afternoon sun. I don't know why, I can't explain it... And I'm not sure I would be ready for that answer from a shrink either. Now we get constantly hammered with an emu and his idiot sidekick. I wonder if emu tastes like turkey? I have an idea. Why don't they charge twice as much to run these idiot commercials and then they will only have run half as many of them. That would be a win-win! Happy New Year all!

Last edited:

I'll bet I will be the only one wearing suspenders with his Speedo..............Always stylish, even if it's my own "unique" style.......

Yeah, canary, I can't stand commercial TV anymore. They come up with the most gratingly obnoxious, unwatchable commercials they can find. When Geico fired Maxwell the Pig I said that was it! I was done! I loved that little porker, but I always fantasized about seeing the green Geico lizard with the British accent under my drive tires flattened out on the centerline drying out in the afternoon sun. I don't know why, I can't explain it... And I'm not sure I would be ready for that answer from a shrink either. Now we get constantly hammered with an emu and his idiot sidekick. I wonder if emu tastes like turkey? I have an idea. Why don't they charge twice as much to run these idiot commercials and then they will only have run half as many of them. That would be a win-win! Happy New Year all!

I still sit up in bed at night in a cold sweat,.....wondering: "Where's the Beef?"..........

Maybe I should tell you guys which cruise ship I'm going on,......I wouldn't want anyone to choke and spray that high-priced drink with the little umbrella all across the table.......

I highly recommend Norwegian Cruise Lines, I've never been on a cruise, but I did buy stock in this company
I also stayed in a Holiday Inn Express once, I should know.

I can do that,....But I'll have to do it like James Bond,.....Last time my wife caught me looking at a bikini,..she hit me so hard, she knocked my X-Ray glasses off my face......

Glad I don't have that problem.
Mama told me watching bikinis for me is like the dog chasing the UPS Truck, if he catches it, he can't drive it.

I can do that,....But I'll have to do it like James Bond,.....Last time my wife caught me looking at a bikini,..she hit me so hard, she knocked my X-Ray glasses off my face......
I prefer the ‘mirrored’ sunglasses. That allows me to turn my head one way, and move my eyes the opposite way. I’ve noticed as I’ve aged though that I can’t quite turn my head as much from side-to-side like Linda Blair in ‘The Exorcist’ was able to do. So now I just borrow a space helmet from NASA ...that way it covers my whole head...no head-spinning necessary.

I prefer the ‘mirrored’ sunglasses. That allows me to turn my head one way, and move my eyes the opposite way. I’ve noticed as I’ve aged though that I can’t quite turn my head as much from side-to-side like Linda Blair in ‘The Exorcist’ was able to do. So now I just borrow a space helmet from NASA ...that way it covers my whole head...no head-spinning necessary.

Makes you envious of an owl?

Hooray! New Year’s here,........I’ve already broken three of my resolutions,.....two of ‘em before 6 AM.......
Gave me a deep sense of satisfaction,........I set the bar so low, I needed to be subterranean......

Already dismounted the Christmas tree,......threw it over the deck railing, and after it quits raining,.....I’ll drag it up into the woods with the 43 other former Christmas trees.......

Read about 20 chapters, ate all the remaining chocolate truffles,.....took two naps,.....and then she brought me a big plate of pork and sauerkraut for my TV tray........

2021 is starting off to be a banner year!

Hooray! New Year’s here,........I’ve already broken three of my resolutions,.....two of ‘em before 6 AM.......
Gave me a deep sense of satisfaction,........I set the bar so low, I needed to be subterranean......

Already dismounted the Christmas tree,......threw it over the deck railing, and after it quits raining,.....I’ll drag it up into the woods with the 43 other former Christmas trees.......

Read about 20 chapters, ate all the remaining chocolate truffles,.....took two naps,.....and then she brought me a big plate of pork and sauerkraut for my TV tray........

2021 is starting off to be a banner year!
Sounds like you’re ahead (behind???) of the rest of us. All I’ve done is put together a planter box (don’t ask), and watched the ‘Rose Bowl’ (from Texas, no less) and now watching Ohio State annihilate Clemson in the ‘Diabetes Bowl’. Productive day...by my standards.