I-285 South (Atlanta, GA)

Lyv Wire

TB Lurker
Credits
According to reports from WSB radio AM 750 Atlanta, 3 or 4 18 wheelers involved in a major crash on the west side @ Cascade Road . This is a heavily travelled route especially for south bound I-75 traffic going to Florida . As I heard the reports ....a UPS mechanic was killed while working on a broken- down unit. We'll have more details soon.

Multi-Truck Crash Shuts Down I-285; One Killed

POSTED: 5:48 am EDT June 7, 2006
UPDATED: 6:43 am EDT June 7, 2006

FULTON COUNTY -- A fatal accident involving four trucks shut down I-285 southbound near Cascade Road early Wednesday morning.

Police say a mechanic working on a stalled UPS truck was killed when a tractor trailer slammed into the back of a third truck setting off a chain reaction.

Read more

Mike01 said:
Multi-Truck Crash Shuts Down I-285; One Killed

POSTED: 5:48 am EDT June 7, 2006
UPDATED: 6:43 am EDT June 7, 2006

FULTON COUNTY -- A fatal accident involving four trucks shut down I-285 southbound near Cascade Road early Wednesday morning.

Police say a mechanic working on a stalled UPS truck was killed when a tractor trailer slammed into the back of a third truck setting off a chain reaction.

Read more

Randy G. was a member of Teamsters Local 728 in ATL and was a mechanic at the ATL Hub. His Daughter just started college and he has a younger son. Randy was 47 years old.

It was said a lady driving a Crete truck was driving and fell asleep and ran off the road where Randy was under the UPS feeder tuck fixing a broken air valve and never knew what hit him. The feeder truck was pushed in the guard rail and she jack-knifed and cased 2 other trucks to wreck......fatigue....the freight is not worth the risk!.....KK

If it was caused by a Crete truck, this will be the second recent high-profile accident with fatalities for them. It was a Crete truck that hit the car and school bus in Florida earlier this year.