I-57 Accident (Chain Reaction Collision) MileMarker 74 Franklin County IL. 04/21/09

X

xsgt1

Were you or do you know of anyone that was an eyewitness to this accident. It occurred at 4:00 PM on April 21st. 2009 @ Mile Marker 74 1/2 ... Three Semi's and a Chevrolet Avalanche N/Bound just North of the rest area on Interstate 57. One vehicle was a flatbed carrying a load of steel pipe. That vehicle lost its load and took the cab off of the truck. Again were you a witness to the actual accident or do you know someone that actually saw the accident as it occurred!

Maybe this will refresh someone's memory about the accident!

I-57 open after deadly wreck
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 11:23 AM CDT
Updated: Apr 22, 2009 10:54 PM CDT

BENTON, IL (KFVS) - Traffic is running smoothly now on Interstate 57 after a deadly crash shut it down for several hours Tuesday night.

A deadly chain reaction crash shut down the interstate for several hours Tuesday.

A trucker was killed as a load of steel he was hauling came through the cab of his truck.

The crash occurred near a construction zone between Benton and Sesser.

Southbound lanes were reopened around 7:30 Tuesday night. Northbound lanes opened later.

©2009 KFVS. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Something that long ago,you will be better off contacting the local law enforcement authorities,and see what they have.
If no witnesses have come forward by now I think you may be beating a dead horse so to speak.

I reluctantly concur. I was hoping that somebody out there might recall the accident! Thank you for the opportunity to query the members of this forum in regard to this post.

Were you or do you know of anyone that was an eyewitness to this accident. It occurred at 4:00 PM on April 21st. 2009 @ Mile Marker 74 1/2 ... Three Semi's and a Chevrolet Avalanche N/Bound just North of the rest area on Interstate 57. One vehicle was a flatbed carrying a load of steel pipe. That vehicle lost its load and took the cab off of the truck. Again were you a witness to the actual accident or do you know someone that actually saw the accident as it occurred!

I am the widow of the driver that was killed in that accident and for me living in minnesota i would like to have some closure to his death, so if there is any witnesses to that accident i would like to know