ODFL | I-70 Indiana. Anyone know anything about this?

COH is mourning the loss of who I’m told was a great guy. A couple wife’s here are wanting their husbands to find other work after seeing this. Sadly that article may very well have more then one inaccuracy. Until we see a crash report, most believe it’s more likely the person pulling the target was making a u turn and was stationary or barely moving across the road. Tough reminder of the dangers we face each day. Prayers for his young children and family. May you all be safe and alert.

Good deal. Thank you for this.

They say he was a veteran. Wasn’t sure which branch. Guessed Army. The wife wasn’t working. Child care being so expensive.

I drove past it yesterday. East bound just past the 117. There is a crossover spot of asphalt from when they were rebuilding the road and had us all on one side. The crossover has a double guardrail. Blocking it off now. Just past that guardrail you can see where the Target truck shot through the wire fence. Took out two sections. The OD driver would have been coming up a small grade. And they say it was very foggy that night. Word is the Target driver likely had a medical emergency. Stroke or heart attack. Or just fell asleep. Very sad all the way around.

Good deal. Thank you for this.

They say he was a veteran. Wasn’t sure which branch. Guessed Army. The wife wasn’t working. Child care being so expensive.

I drove past it yesterday. East bound just past the 117. There is a crossover spot of asphalt from when they were rebuilding the road and had us all on one side. The crossover has a double guardrail. Blocking it off now. Just past that guardrail you can see where the Target truck shot through the wire fence. Took out two sections. The OD driver would have been coming up a small grade. And they say it was very foggy that night. Word is the Target driver likely had a medical emergency. Stroke or heart attack. Or just fell asleep. Very sad all the way around.
Thank you for that, ppl had been saying they didn’t see a spot where the crossover occurred confusing many.

I was about a mile back in the traffic. Very sad. Glad OD driver is OK. Assuming the article is correct. The only thing that made sense driving past was target was the westbound truck and OD was eastbound
I drove by westbound as they towed the Target tractor away. Nothing left of it but the frame and tires.

It looks almost impossible to make the crossover that he did, yet he did. He missed the double steel guardrails by a foot or two. At speed, there was nothing the OD driver could have done to avoid being hit. Sometimes things just happen, and we’re gone. Better to always be ready to meet our Maker….