ABF | I-81 PA - Looks like an ABF was involved

I have mixed feelings.

Typical Keystone Hubris celebrating that mess by some of the people standing around dookie while a man on a freaking CANE hobbled around inside a sea of cars about to be SLAMMED by oncoming semis. It will grind that old **** sure as shooting. But the big mouth stood there cheering the mess with the stupid phone. SHEESH. I just wanna slug him.

The whole damn mess is preventable. A spot of snow? Get parked and wait a while. Have a dinner. We cannot be that collectively stupid at Trucking. But here we are

******* what a WASTE.

Let it burn.

IF they dont give a damn I no longer give a damn. Let it burn baby burn.

But break a pallet and the powers on high will eviscrate you and then burn your guts in front of you.

I have mixed feelings.

Typical Keystone Hubris celebrating that mess by some of the people standing around dookie while a man on a freaking CANE hobbled around inside a sea of cars about to be SLAMMED by oncoming semis. It will grind that old **** sure as shooting. But the big mouth stood there cheering the mess with the stupid phone. SHEESH. I just wanna slug him.

The whole damn mess is preventable. A spot of snow? Get parked and wait a while. Have a dinner. We cannot be that collectively stupid at Trucking. But here we are

******* what a WASTE.
Absolutely! A complete failure to adjust driving to changing conditions. That oblivious Swift probably never even disengaged his cruise control. If you just slow the hell down, it gives you options, like driving into the median or borrow pit to avoid a collision. Sliding tires have no directional control, rolling tires still do. At the worst, it will be a soft rollover, at best, you're stuck. I can't tell you how many times I have been in these situations. If you are driving slowly with flashers on under these conditions and struck from behind, it is not your fault. And it is better for both drivers if both vehicles are moving when the collision happens, because it reduces the impact forces. Pure and simple, it comes down to speed too fast for conditions. And STAY IN YOUR VEHICLE! Why the hell do people get out and stand there and watch vehicles sliding into them like that? If my car is driveable, I'm driving down the shoulder or median to get beyond the impact / death zone behind me. The dude with the cellphone camera whining about losing his Charger should have driven a couple hundred feet further down the shoulder and he would still be driving it...

Last edited:
I got caught in mountain white outs twice. The first scoured the paint off my tractor and the second was really dangerous. Got eastbound stopped by radio and last mile marker. Painted the windows white all around. -45 with 70+ mph winds narrowed down that chute valley between the peaks like a river across my interstate. That took a hour.

Drifted me axle deep too.

To this day I monitor the hell out of the weather in the USA. I think lives depend on this.

And we want robot trucks? Hell no. We cannot be that stupid.

I got caught in mountain white outs twice. The first scoured the paint off my tractor and the second was really dangerous. Got eastbound stopped by radio and last mile marker. Painted the windows white all around. -45 with 70+ mph winds narrowed down that chute valley between the peaks like a river across my interstate. That took a hour.

Drifted me axle deep too.

To this day I monitor the hell out of the weather in the USA. I think lives depend on this.

And we want robot trucks? Hell no. We cannot be that stupid.
oh yeah, they will.. they don't give a damn about these scenarios. Truck drivers to them are a dime dozen... You have to break some eggs to make an omelette, so said Lenin...

oh yeah, they will.. they don't give a damn about these scenarios. Truck drivers to them are a dime dozen... You have to break some eggs to make an omelette, so said Lenin...
I dont know Lenin too much and dont know where socalism will fit into our model of free enterprise.

IF you for example looked at YouHaul for trucking, they always got paid cash on the spot by the customer who needs a truck that day before that truck goes out to do whatever in freight. Abe-it that freight would be household moves.

You never hear about youhauls suffering downturns when no one needs a truck that bad in a given region for some time. But you would hear it from larger companies that cannot endure for a few weeks a downturn in trucking when no one wants the trucks.

If the customers of trucking who pay for the trucks to show up, load and then drive A to B to deliver against a Appointment time delivery would pay before any of these 18 wheelers will move a inch you might see the trucking industry begin to thrive for once. Instead of withering on the vine because some dookie snow storm turned a stretch of interstate into a junkyard.

Maybe the 18 wheeler model of doing America is itself obsolete. We would have to build a replacement everything to move a pallet of say butter from A to B without drivers, and all the current problems that will interfere with it.

My idea would be star trek transporters. Beam that butter here there and everywhere. For a dollar. But we dont have those. So we will have to do something else because this system isnt working.