Yellow | i am a little puzzled maybe someone who knows can explain

yrc25

TB Lurker
Credits
I get the fact that this has to be presented to members, but what i dont get is how they can negotiate anything past our present contract expiration?

I get the fact that this has to be presented to members, but what i dont get is how they can negotiate anything past our present contract expiration?
Back when I was worken for Yellow Freight there was a clause that would enable them to open the contract if needs warranted it . Its probably the same now . If so then when or if things get profitable then the union should call to reopen the contract and divert back to the original contract . That's my take .

don't despair
at00664s-1.jpg

it can be negotiated up from here
in 5 years

Last edited by a moderator:
according to the information on the teamsters web page, there are performance benchmarks that result in the company having to pay profit sharing back to the employees. So as things improve you will get more back according to the new agreement.

TNFINC will require a profit sharing provision to provide additional compensation to members
based upon the achievement of financial performance triggers by the Company which
requirements have been communicated to the Company and may be altered by TNFINC in its
sole discretion, including adjustments to incorporate cash flow recapture and other mandatory
repayment provisions or commitment reductions under the Company’s Revolving Credit
and Term Loan Facilities.

http://www.teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/67751YRCTerm.pdf