I am thinking about getting my CDL

Dont come to Arkansas for goodness sakes...

land sakes alive, them good old boys take a 700 dollar 10 foot single axle trailer and pile it.

As in REALLY pile it. Tie down a whole effting house up there.

I swear the lawman dont give a damn. But if I have one less strap or chain than allowed I eat a pile of fix it tickets after a level 1 inspection.

I have no experience in driving a Semi but thinking about starting . I don't have the money to go to School . I have a very good driving record for a Class D . My husband is a retired Trucker and told me that I need to get off the insulin if I want to be a Trucker , Is that true ? Does anybody have info for me on how to get training to get my CDL ? Any info will help please .
DO NOT DO IT! If anything go to a trade school. Learn a craft. Im not joking, u will thank me later I promise

I have no experience in driving a Semi but thinking about starting . I don't have the money to go to School . I have a very good driving record for a Class D . My husband is a retired Trucker and told me that I need to get off the insulin if I want to be a Trucker , Is that true ? Does anybody have info for me on how to get training to get my CDL ? Any info will help please .
Become a postal carrier, newspaper carrier, interior designer, accountant, Walmart greeter or even a test dummy for having apinters shoved under your fingernails but DO NOT get any cdl's to drive a truck. Technology is putting Truckers out of business. You're going to soon need a programmers degree just to sit in a truck.

DO NOT DO IT! If anything go to a trade school. Learn a craft. Im not joking, u will thank me later I promise
I agree.

After careful thought...

I hate facing cameras, Really want to see a filthy papa bear munch a burger in GWB traffic?

I hate enforcement clocks that tell me I cannot drive a inch now.

I hate the emissions crap that require TLC in a shop anyhwere that quit giving a damn decades ago.

I hate automatic computers that fails in situations in which your peers laugh you out of the place as a noob or worse break a mirror or scratch the trailers (Plural etc)

I even hate low profile tires and all sorts of decoration. In a neutered 63 mph truck facing 60 mph western winds that are a breeze all day and night. That wind gets into everything and loosens them up then breaks them eventually. Catches tumbleweeds and everything else. So annoying.

I loathe modern trucks costing two to three times what our old iron hand me downs cost and they are unable to gain traction on any dewy morning in some Carolina Produce Dock on slightly sloped ground. Never mind snow and ice. Are you kidding.

I especially HATE trucks that think they can drive off a satellite. Here is a hill, Add power or speed. Or heres a speed limit section, slow down etc etc. Why the **** am I inside that monster? They can have it.

I hate I hate I hate and I hate. The list grows longer every year. And I'll die a American Trucker. Its not pretty.

You want to get involved in this industry? You will be so sorry. Your first load will be something NO ONE ELSE will knowingly take in the entire fleet and YOU dont know enough to understand what a trash load it really is.

And finally there is no money in it. You'll starve, then get a divorce, then have your house repossessed and so on so forth etc.

I can go on. But I have been for years online. It does not make a whit of a difference in the legions of newbies who got a CDL and then cannot get a job in this industry of a suficient quality to stay with it. Wasting a portion of their lives.

Part two.

What I really hate is dispatch. If not the company leadership out right.

Driver you need to load this now 300 miles away before lunch today and be 1500 miles over the east coast by tomorrow morning sunrise to deliver. By the way its a floor load.

Oh Really? How much does all that ::shit:: pay?

45 cents same as it did 20 years ago and 40 dollars to lump it when you get there.

Part three.

Imagine you are in Little Rock at Galloway Petro now. In Arkansas off 40. Youre rested and hopefully had a good breakfast, its almost 8 am. You are due in Omaha NE to load a floor meat load (Precool to -20 and reefer fueled up before you go plus tractor, hopefully you have 340 gallons of fuel for this 1900 mile trip plus idling you will need all of it)

You are due in Omaha at noon. its almost 8 am and you have fueling and paper work to do. Yer late already.

God only knows when you get loaded in Omaha. You are now after loading due in NYC Hunts Point Market for two customers for that Meat Load cut and stacked to order by both of them. By 7 am wed tomorrow. Thats about 1500 miles plus the 300 this morning.

Your electronic logs are not going to let you do it. You are already late.

If you called dispatch to reschedule everything they have spent half a day organizing before telling you any of this last night they are very reluctant to redo everything while Omaha stews on that truckload of meat they are working on waiting for you.

Food? Forget it. Coffee? Get several thermoses. You will have them under your drivers seat on the way. Wrap whatever street food you can get for a couple of days.

Hunts point provides its own dangers and challenges on arrival for you when you get there. It may be things you have not yet experienced before in life.

I hope your company has the right transponders for all the tolls straight to NYC. You dont have time for slow US Highways to avoid toll roads this trip.

Get going ye already are late.

If you told boss you cannot do this as likely as not due to time etc. You are probably seeing your last day on the job.