Holland | i am thinking about working for holland

Being in a union won't appeal to you after you find out there is no benefit of being in one( at any yrc company ) Pretty much minimal to no pension, no 401k match, subpar pay, shoddy
equipment, disgruntled management and coworkers. Invest your time in a more positive environment, you'll be glad you did.

Last edited:
As a city driver, you most likely will be driving a forklift much more than a truck. The city does not work 24 hours in South Bend. You can plan on noon till close 10pm till midnight or so. You should not have a problem getting plenty of hours, especially with vacation season approaching.

Be ready for negative responses, this forum seems to attract all the whiners. Just notice, for all their crying, they still come here to work everyday. How bad can it really be.

Good luck to you.

Your crazy, have you ever been fired?

He's just some moron who sits around on the computer with one hand down his pants, pleasuring himself to the sight of his anti union posts.
We may have some disgruntlement but this is still one of the best driving jobs out there.
Sure we like to trash talk about the equipment, pay, etc., but I for one am not looking for another job. I like the security of working under a contract which may not be the best right now but its better than not having one. At least we have some say in our future at YRCW companies.

I have met more than a few drivers at Holland who came from non union LTL carriers, they are all happy with their choice and aren't looking to jump ship.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your crazy, have you ever been fired?

No I haven't been fired Mr. Griz because I come to work everyday and do what I'm supposed to do. Incase you didn't know, this particular company is "fire happy", which to me is silly. Most other non union carriers give guys plenty of chances before they terminate an employee. Everyone makes mistakes. If working for a union carrier is only attractive because it's hard for a firing to stick, maybe do a little soul searching and try to come to terms with the root of the problem.

No I haven't been fired Mr. Griz because I come to work everyday and do what I'm supposed to do. Incase you didn't know, this particular company is "fire happy", which to me is silly. Most other non union carriers give guys plenty of chances before they terminate an employee. Everyone makes mistakes. If working for a union carrier is only attractive because it's hard for a firing to stick, maybe do a little soul searching and try to come to terms with the root of the problem.

You say this particular company is fire happy, and that it is silly. What company are you talking about??? You then say most other non union carriers give guys plenty of chances because everyone makes mistakes. You then recommend soul searching to Teamsters because the only thing attractive about being a Teamster is it's hard for a firing to stick.

Sounds like you're talking out of both sides of your mouth. It's silly to get fired for making a mistake, yet Teamsters who have a recourse for that very action need soul searching???

And whoever said the only thing attractive about being a Teamster is it's hard to get fired??? Maybe that's what you want to hear.

And just like you, the vast majority of Teamsters go in to work everyday and do what they are supposed to do, and they do it very well.

Maybe it's you that needs soul searching as to why you like to insert anti union rhetoric on this forum. You seem to have an agenda here.

Ive been in union companies for over 20 years. Seen 2 firings stick one the guy was showing up drunk and the second guy never showed up for his hearing.

Firing wtf! Holland and yellow have some of the most sorry sacks of ::shit:: in the industry and they can't fire a one of em. Hell even the management don't give a f@$! Over there.

Firing wtf! Holland and yellow have some of the most sorry sacks of :::shit::: in the industry and they can't fire a one of em. Hell even the management don't give a f@$! Over there.
And where do you work? I've seen five guys fired all for Cardinal infractions. So your statement is false is far as that's concerned.I won't totally disagree with the last sentence in your statement.

well it should'nt be your 1st choice for a job , and get ready to not have a life , because of the shortage of driver's they will work the hell out of you 60 plus hours weekly .

Look elsewhere.....no future for you here. Me and quite a few other guys moved on(all with 15+ years) and we are all far happier now. Most of the guys that stay are stuck there for one reason or another(feel their too old to start over,tickets,dui etc.) Not blaming them for staying as they don't have much choice in some cases.....you on the other hand have a pretty easy choice I think. At least try ups freight or abf first....

If you like a shrinking check go to holland. Might as well look for a good job now instead of settling for a dead end job like that because eventually you'll be looking for one anyway. That companies day are few.